Favourite FX Combinations

Default Favourite FX Combinations

I thought it'd be pretty neat to have a list of your favourite FX combos you use when making people wear down their feet to stubs from overdancing due to too much awesomeness of your tunes :P

Anyway, the one I like quite a bit (for now at least) is:

Phaser Flux + Mulholland Drive (maybe also a Gater thrown in for added funsies once in a while)

what about you?

Beatmasher + Gater + Delay

FTW !

Tech Wizard

delay + echo + playing with key. All that done on a voice or something and then throw that over a beat part in jugglemode ! mmmmmmmm

Does echo exist , i'm sure i've never seen it. Only delay.

I'm a beatmasher only guy at the min maybe the odd delay freeze on mixouts. Really need to experiement with effects more
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Does echo exist , i'm sure i've never seen it. Only delay.

I'm a beatmasher only guy at the min maybe the odd delay freeze on mixouts. Really need to experiement with effects more
    you are correct i was confused because on the overlay 2.2 on the vci-100se it is called echo in the left EQ FX section but i guess it is a delay in traktor... gives the same result i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Beatmasher + Gater + Delay

FTW !
    +1

Tech Mentor

Echo is technically post fader, so the trail continues after you pull the fader down, while delay is prefader, so the trail goes away when you pull the fader down. Innit?

For me, I usually leave my left chained set up with reverb+delay+flanger, and the right chained set up with gater+flanger flux(or bitcrusher)+delay. Sometimes I use the reverbT3 instead in various creative mashup ways, but usually I don't... mind I can go for hours without remembering to mess with the effects at all <.<

I thought all the effects are prefader ? which i hate personally....

Tech Mentor

They are, which is why there isn't a echo listed in the effects list

However, I think (haven't tried this because I only have a 2 chan mixer) you can go to settings->effects and set them to send instead of insert, then go to output routings and setup an output send to a spare mixer channel. Then the effects return goes to a mixer channel and you can sort everything out there. Pretty sure this will work, iirc there's some lucky bastard on djforums with a xone 92 who sends the effects out to one of the mic/aux channels.