Walk It Out With Intro - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

well basically i want an 8 bar instrumental then i want the original to drop after those 8 bars. still dont get it? lol

You could learn to do this simply by taking the tutorials built into Ableton.

Tech Wizard

ok will do thanks, im using ableton 7, that still has the tutorials? cuz i have just been looking on youtube all morning lol and watching vids from someone named abletonic. lol

all you need to do is drop the two sound files in, hit play on the inst, wait 8 bars, hit play on the song. really not too deep into ableton but even 7 will have the tutorials built in.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Wizard

ok and when i hit play on the original will it stopp the other one or will it phase together?

if you put one below the other in the same column, it will only play one at a time and the other will stop when the other starts. if you put them beside each other they can play at the same time.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Wizard

yeah i just want the instrumental to stop when the other starts

Yeah use the quantise feature found on the top of the sotware and your clips will start\stop in time.

Another thing you can do is drag and drop clips from the session view onto the arangment view and use the arangment view to create the edit - dont use session veiw live though, its not very a very interesting approach to mixing for the crowd.

Tech Wizard

i dont plan on using ableton for a live session i use traktor scratch pro with a vci100, but i just wanted to use ableton to make that intro track

hey dude if you still need it, i think i know what you are going for. i made two different mixes of the song (just used the original Walk It Out, not the remix). The "Regular Intro" version is the exact same as the original song, just with the vocals cut out of the intro leading up to the initial bass kick, so the "meat" of the track (vocals and bassline) bangs in all at once. In the other one there's the instrumental intro, then the bassline kicks in for a few bars, and then finally the vocals come in.

i did this literally in like 6 minutes on VDJ so its not outrageously good quality, but i left in wav format which should help a little (and is why the files are so big). also i've never really used a file-hosting site before but this mediafire place let me do it for free and it seems to work:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...4e75f6e8ebb871

so enjoy, holler at me if you want me to edit the mix some more, but you should really learn how to do it on your own, it's about as basic as it gets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast