Need a sub?

Thread: Need a sub?

Tech Wizard

Default Need a sub?

I just got a set of jbl jrx 115's for my live setup. They are ok but I don't feel like they have the proper bass. Maybe 50 hz and below is weak or non-existant.

My question. Do you think I could get a decent sub for 500 or less? The jbl's are passive and I have a QSC rmx 850 powering them. I don't have a mixer. Just my laptop, controller and a 4 ch sound card.

What would I REALLY need to get to have some decent subs jumping off? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a Behringer B1500D-PRO... You could probably get the 18" version of it. But i know that the 1500 has some kick, and you can probably get it for less than 500.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Mentor

Is this for practice, or for parties?

That 500 bucks for a Behringer sub that Sparkbro mentioned, plus the cost of the JRX cabs would have put you pretty close to a used set of JBL PRX, QSC K series, etc, which would have been a much better setup.
    I hear an 8hz sinewave can make a whole room of dubstep producers simultaneously stroke their beards.

Even if they havnt got one.