how to insert my music collection onto traktor.
    Tech Convert

Default how to insert my music collection onto traktor.

Ok so simple but yet difficult for me. I have a 500 gb external hard drive of music. For the life of me i can not figure out how to import my music and get traktor working. i have a mac with proper spec's and i have traktor s2. Now my problem is i connect ext hd and in explorer i see my tracks and folders example" dance, dirty, rap etc. what steps should i take. i tried analyzing each folder which takes forever. Ok i see bpm and Analyzed tab says yes. So how come when i click on another folder, the bottom left of screen says updating. and it scrolls thru all 3000 plus mp3 in that folder and takes about 3 to 4 mins? Question 2, So i tried after analyzing folder, i right click and make playlist. This option seems to work and once its there all 3000 tracks are analyzed and when i click on blue playlist folder it dont update . But there's a problem when i add new songs i have to delete playlist and go thru whole process again to create playlist folder. Question 3 i started over and stated analyzing each folder again and once its done right click and add to collection. this process is very time consuming is this right. Can some one give me the proper step by step instruction on how to get my 500 external hard drive with 7000+ mp3 in this thing so i can finally us this in the club?

I don't understand the problem. You plug your HDD in, you see the music in the explorer. You load up a song, it gets analysed and you can play it. What's the issue?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Once they're analyzed they should already be in your collection. You should always play them from track collection instead off through the explorer. In preferences in file management you can set the file path for your music library and then select import on start up. With a large collection it will probably take a long time so it would probably be best to start it and go to bed. Also reading the manual will give you some other tips on what to check and uncheck in file management.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thanks photojojo imma give it a shot. I think it dump all files in collection. I went to file management change file directory to f drive which is my external hdd. then i click on collection folder and select all, then told traktor to analyze all. Fingers cross and see what will happen.