Traktor F1/ Deck Timing problem

Default Traktor F1/ Deck Timing problem

Hi,

I'm having a little timing problem between a regular track deck and a remix deck.

I use decks A & B as track decks & decks C & D as Remix decks.

My problem is this - screenshot20120905at164.png

Where it says 51.1.1 - The problem i'm having is sometimes the remix deck will not be in the same 'place' with the other decks. E.g When Deck A reaches beat 1, the remix deck is on beat 2.

They are still in sync, no problems there.

What i'm having to do is to click 'Play' on the remix deck to stop the deck all together, then press play again to start it on the correct beat - Obviously this isn't ideal!
    Also, because i'm using an X1 to control decks a & b, i have to use the mouse to click deck C's 'play' button.

Hope that makes sense, If anyone has any help or ideas on how to stop this problem i'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Tom

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That's not a beat counter like in other decks, but a timeline that Traktor then in turn syncs with the master. From Rainer's blog post here.

http://www.traktorbible.com/articles...mix-decks.aspx

[6] In Traktor 2.1.x you could use Phase Sync to synchronize the phase of a sample to the phase of the tempomaster. Synchronisation of the new remix decks works slightly differently. The remix deck slots do not use the global tempomaster as reference, but the timeline of the remix decks. And the remix decks timeline then uses the global tempomaster as reference.
    I just got my F1 so I'm still wrapping my head around it. To avoid mouse clicks you could just create a mapping to remix deck play/pause and just press it when you want to stop them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks jojo, yes i hear what you're saying, what i'm thinking of doing is mapping a command in midi mode to my F1 that moves the beat back and forwards by 1 beat, this way i can move the beat back onto the 'one'.

It's quite annoying to be honest and seriously making me re think about using the remix decks.

I don't use the remix deck time line at all so it doesn't really bother me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

I just don't look at the numbers. In fact most of the time I have it on the view that doesn't even have the numbers. I do use the beat counter in the regular decks though and just go by those if I need to.
    Chris Jennings FHP