Dope Vibrations..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dope Vibrations..

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a new track. (still need to master it)

Ouch

What?

Mastering is the least of your worries now

What makes you say that?

Just listen to your track, should be able to tell right away

work on the mix down and the quality of your sounds (which sound cheesy)

Jason- The cryptic messages are cute, but it's not really helping.

Anyone can type "ouch", and leave it at that. People who know what they are doing type "ouch", and then go on to give specifics that support their opinion (see seitz's feedback).. So either you don't know what your talking about, or you're just being lazy. I'm going to give you some credit, and say it's just being lazy.

seitz- Thank you for your feedback. As far as the cheese, were you referencing the instruments, samples, or all of the above?

*sigh*

The track is absolute garbage, not original or inspiring in the least bit. The chord progression is very predictable and it lacks energy. There is no weight or heft to it, and the mix down itself very lacking. it physically hurts to listen to it once those strings come in. Harsh is an understatement. They don't sit in the mix at all, they just take it over. And that off bass is not helping you at all, because it doesn't do anything. You may think it's adding energy, but trust me it is definitely not.

The arrangement alone lacks any interesting or drive/energy that would make people want to listen to it again and keep on dancing. It's very monotonous and lacking any dynamics at all. The drums are very stiff, with not even an ounce of swing in them it feels. Just a 4/4 kick with a 2/4 Snare and an off hat with a little fill at the end of the phrase, and the fill itself is very still without any funk to it (how some one does that is beyond me).

And then the sounds themselves are atrocious. Sounds like you found a synth from 1998 loaded with all the cheesiest trance presets of the era and are just using those. When's the last time you were in an actual club?

Like I said, "ouch". Anyone who's been producing for a minute should be able to tell you all of this, and the fact that you needed some one to tell you this speaks volumes about you as a producer. Instead of sharing your music right now, go back to the studio, hunker down and actually work on developing your craft and style and learn as much as you can by reading and watching tutorials and possibly find a local producer to hopefully take you under their wing.

How long have you even been doing, and why did you feel the need to try and produce music?

Jason, I'd pay you to criticize me... in beers and burgers cause money is tight but it still stands, if you want putting on the right track listen to this guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast