VCI100 arcade led mod
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI100 arcade led mod

hey guys im soon to be doing the arcade mod and using the clear rim buttons and so wish to have led feedback on the rim but im unsure what style of led to use or how to mount them to achieve this so some advise would be welcome

i no the remaining leds need to be 3v 3mm 2 post leds though

It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post

already watched that video its no real help though as my arcade buttons are clear rimmed like the MF3D

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post

already watched that video its no real help though as my arcade buttons are clear rimmed like the MF3D

Tech Convert

Yeah, I'm trying to do the same. Has someone put RGB leds in the clear rimmed sanwa buttons?

I did it with the seimetsu clear rims it looked well smart, sold the unit a while back now though

Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Tech Convert

How did you do this? did you just use rgb leds? 5mm? did you drill holes?
    you should've videotaped how you did it

Not 100% sure, as i haven't dove too deep into this, but I looked for modding my MF classic at one point. Hope this helps http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en...led-rings.html
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

I just followed the excellent bcondemi tutorial (posted above) exactly, the only thing differences where that my unit was an original vci-100ege which had the blue/white LED colour scheme as apposed to the green/orange LED of the standard VCI and I didnt do molex connections I just soldered everything permanent.

I chose blue and white LEDs for the slice echo cue but put in red/white for the play buttons to make them more distinguishable.

Another plus of the seimetsu is the ability to put your on printed inserts inside the buttons
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
    I just followed the excellent bcondemi tutorial (posted above) exactly, the only thing differences where that my unit was an original vci-100ege which had the blue/white LED colour scheme as apposed to the green/orange LED of the standard VCI and I didnt do molex connections I just soldered everything permanent.

I chose blue and white LEDs for the slice echo cue but put in red/white for the play buttons to make them more distinguishable.

Another plus of the seimetsu is the ability to put your on printed inserts inside the buttons
    Your arcade Vci was a beauty! Love the mod!
    How did you do each of the button LEDs, as in the stock buttons up top?
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774