advice for gears
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default advice for gears

    i'm a newcomer in this job,and I used to be a mouse oriented DJ (you know what I'm talking about),also I don't want to upgrade my gears so often so I'm thinking of TP2,2xCDJ-2000nexus,DJM-900nexus,2xF1(to control the Remix Decks),1x Kontrol X1,and a notebook.

    Anybody suggests another kind of setup?and somebody thinks the best notebook to handle them up?

    N.B.:I will use the CDJ in HID

  2. #2

    Default

    why spend all that money to by the nexus stuff if your gunna run TSP2, the biggest point of the nexus gear is the rekordbox over wi-fi, so get some cdj-2000's and run in HID mode and save yourself some money
    http://www.soundcloud.com/durtyjerzy609 Numark TTX1's, Rane TTM57SL, SSL, Novation Dicers, Abelton Live 8, Akai APC 20, Akai MPD18, Alesis M1 520's
    I'm all that and then some, tall dark and handsome

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609 View Post
    why spend all that money to by the nexus stuff if your gunna run TSP2, the biggest point of the nexus gear is the rekordbox over wi-fi, so get some cdj-2000's and run in HID mode and save yourself some money
    I all the feature in nexus,and will try to using rekordbox as practice,because not all notebooks can handle TSP2 ,especially if I forget my notebook so I can easily install rekordbox in the notebook I borrow

  4. #4
    DJTT Tankard fullenglishpint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Albans, UK
    Posts
    7,101

    Default

    I'm with Durtyjurzy on this one. You're talking about spending 3000 on 2 CDJs just to use them as controllers. I'm the last person to say redundancy is unnecessary, but I really don't think you need to spend that much money in one go. You won't use even half of the features you have available to you. If money's no object, go ahead with buying the Nexus setup, but don't waste it by using Traktor. On the other hand, if you really want to use Traktor, buy cheaper CDJs or a controller. And trust me, you don't need 2 Kontrol F1s yet. Stick to 1 if you really want but those remix decks aren't for the faint hearted and you'd be doing yourself a favour to practice for a while on your mixing setup before trying to use samples.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I'm with Durtyjurzy on this one. You're talking about spending 3000 on 2 CDJs just to use them as controllers. I'm the last person to say redundancy is unnecessary, but I really don't think you need to spend that much money in one go. You won't use even half of the features you have available to you. If money's no object, go ahead with buying the Nexus setup, but don't waste it by using Traktor. On the other hand, if you really want to use Traktor, buy cheaper CDJs or a controller. And trust me, you don't need 2 Kontrol F1s yet. Stick to 1 if you really want but those remix decks aren't for the faint hearted and you'd be doing yourself a favour to practice for a while on your mixing setup before trying to use samples.
    ideas what I'm supposed to buy?there are too much to choose

  6. #6
    DJTT Tankard fullenglishpint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Albans, UK
    Posts
    7,101

    Default

    How about start with an S4 or something to get the hang of the basics?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor Lilac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    How about start with an S4 or something to get the hang of the basics?
    This. You definitely don't need everything that you're suggesting to buy. I'd say get none of it. Get a cheap controller or cheap CDJs and a cheap mixer and learn.

    The last thing you want is to blow 5k on a setup and then give up DJing

  8. #8
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, USA
    Posts
    779

    Default

    If you have the money, go for it. You never said what kind of budget you have, but if you're loaded and have the drive to learn, go big.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •