How To Share Music Between Your Home PC and DJ Laptop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How To Share Music Between Your Home PC and DJ Laptop

I have a Home PC and a DJ Laptop. I only use the laptop for DJ Gigs. During the week I will download new tracks and edit iTunes playlists on my Home PC. When I have to update my laptop, I copy the songs to a USB stick and paste and organize them on my DJ Laptop.

I researched sharing one iTunes library, but it will store all music on one master drive. This only allows you to stream within the wireless network. Once you leave that "home" network, your laptop has no music.

Do you guys have a solution?

Thanks.

>

If you use iTunes which it sounds like you do, you could use iTunes match. It costs about £20 for a year but it makes your whole library available on every device you're signed into. It's designed for use with iPhones and iPads but I believe it should work between 2 windows machines too.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I wonder if it will physically copy the music over to my laptop? I will research it.

Thanks.

it uses iCloud. which means you stream from the cloud. this will not work for me.
    >

I think your best bet is an external HDD or SSD

external hard drive ... or what i do sometimes is share it on my network to grab files from one to the other (this process is slow and is usually running when i am asleep).

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

sucks that you can't SYNC iTunes from one machine to another. Stupid copyright BS. Aren't you allowed up to 5 machines ????

Where's Steve Jobs when you need him?

>

The iTunes SYNC is a great idea. When you purchase a new laptop and/or iPad. You just SYNC it to your old MAC. This would also help with backup redundancy. If any of the hard drives fail, you have other machines with the same libraries ready to SYNC.

>

Tech Guru

You can set up your home PC as a server and FTP your tunes via a client. I've never done this while DJ'ing but it would certainly work.

http://lifehacker.com/130806/how-to-...ome-ftp-server

Itunes match doesn't stream from the cloud, it downloads. All your tracks become available on all your machines/devices.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast