Broadcasting with traktor, what's a good site? How to?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Broadcasting with traktor, what's a good site? How to?

Hey guys, i'm new to broadcasting using traktor, i've been doing couple checks with friends telling me how it sounds, i've used listen2myradio.com and they tell me the audio pauses lots of times, reverse shit, pitched audio on random intervals..

I'm doing 44k 96kbps broadcasting, using icecast.org and listen2myradio.com , is there any other place to broadcast, better software so i don't get so much glitched audio?

Try mixify.com but that's using a separate system of SoundFlower output via Flash applet to stream.

In most cases missing packets -- which sounds like your problem -- are related to:

* CPU can't handle all the work
    * Bad upload network connection
    * Server load issues
    * Some rare possible bugs in Traktor's broadcasting IP code, or similarly icecast code issues.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

i second mixify... its still in beta, but from my tests it seems promising. hell it got me away from icecast for a while

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Try mixify.com but that's using a separate system of SoundFlower output via Flash applet to stream.

In most cases missing packets -- which sounds like your problem -- are related to:

* CPU can't handle all the work
    * Bad upload network connection
    * Server load issues
    * Some rare possible bugs in Traktor's broadcasting IP code, or similarly icecast code issues.
    seems like mixify disables headphone cue'ing. Any other work arounds? It might be my CPU that's total shit, or my connection that's shit aswell, what can i do about the connection? lower the quality i stream in?

Yes, most mix with no cue:ing in minify, takes guts and know-how :-). If you are adventurous and the right audio card and SW, you could re-route tractor output to specific channels via some other app and then re-route it to SoundFlower with cue to another channel output. I kind of got it working but even with my beefy 4+ year old MacPro the aggregate devices brought too much buffer stuttering. Might get some new studio HW soon so I could experiment further but it's not an easy problem. Especially as Traktor only likes one single audio interface for output (hint hint NI, fix that.)
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Yes, most mix with no cue:ing in minify, takes guts and know-how :-). If you are adventurous and the right audio card and SW, you could re-route tractor output to specific channels via some other app and then re-route it to SoundFlower with cue to another channel output. I kind of got it working but even with my beefy 4+ year old MacPro the aggregate devices brought too much buffer stuttering. Might get some new studio HW soon so I could experiment further but it's not an easy problem. Especially as Traktor only likes one single audio interface for output (hint hint NI, fix that.)
    I'm not that adventurous lol

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I prefer mixlr.com
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i route the audio from my focusrite over to my laptops soundcard or controllers sound. this way i can cue with my focusrite and still stream over to mixify

If I would reconfig my studio -- hey I'm doing it this weekend -- is to use one dedicated laptop for broadcasting and a studio computer for mixing and voiceovers. Feed this to the laptop. Makes less hiccups with the upload plus you could use the laptop camera for video broadcasting.
    ---

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

One way to get around using all this in between software is to run a line from your sound card/mixer to the line in directly on your computer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast