Advice/help on effects mapping
    Tech Student

Default Advice/help on effects mapping

Hi,

In Traktor I have a set of fx that I like to use (beatmasher, T3 delay, gater, flanger and reverse grain) from time to time and I feel these serve me well.

I've just seen a mapping for a chained fx which loads and turns on 3 fx in one when a knob is turned and I'd like to use this as well.

Am I right in thinking that if I use this mapping and turn it on to use during a set, will I need another button to re-load my 'standard' fx back into traktor?

I'm using an oxygen 8 as controller for my fx and various other functions so am not short of knobs etc to map to.

Can anyone confirm if my thinking is correct?

Many thanks

PH303

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

yes
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Possibility, talking about one knob, no buttons.

-Map M1=direct1 to knob with two values, first value 1 should appear while turning and second value 2 should appear when knob is all to laft or right side. When knob is moved for first time a particular combination of effects (M.con M1=2) become engaged till the time knob is returned beck to 0.
    -Map M2=direct1 (M.con M1=1) to kick in second time you turn it clockwise. This time M1=2 jumps back to M1=1 and M2=1 becomes activate as well giving new modifier condition to map with another combination of FX or whatever.
    -Map M3=direct1. This modifier is there to reset all modifiers beck to zero giving first combination of effects selection.

Short, M1 is giving a toggle to M2 between 0-1 every time knob is all left (my case) and M3 is to reset all after every second toggle.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Here is short demo video. I've mapped modifiers outputs for better understanding what's going on.

Tech Student

That's a really good solution for my situation - I've used modifiers a little before (my foot pedal is used as a shift button) so I think I should be able to try this out. Many thanks for your answer.