Flo Rida's Rights....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Flo Rida's Rights....

Ok - So most of you probably know of Flo Rida's attrocities in regards to butchering decent progressive house / clubby tracks and turning them into him rapping over the top of them....

Anyway - How does he manage to do this without really accrediting the original artists.
    For Example

Can anyone bring any light to this? Because i find it a little dodgy imo.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Probably by paying them a hell of a lot of money.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Probably by paying them a hell of a lot of money.
    This

Tech Guru

Re-using, re-sampling, re-mixing has been going on for a long time. Don't know what the issue is

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Re-using, re-sampling, re-mixing has been going on for a long time. Don't know what the issue is
    The thing is, he just raps over the top of the song with no accreditation to the original artist - so unless some serious rights have been bought - i don't understand how he manages it.

But lots of $$$$ does make sense.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.

a few years ago i remember hearing somewhere that if you use no more than 29 seconds of a track theres nothing that can be done about it, i may be wrong so don't shoot me down if i am,

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    a few years ago i remember hearing somewhere that if you use no more than 29 seconds of a track theres nothing that can be done about it, i may be wrong so don't shoot me down if i am,
    I think it's 10% - so depends on the length of the song.

But all this is more than 10% for sure. Just because he raps over the top doesn't mean that it is a new song.. or even a remix.

Tech Mentor

what makes you think he isn't giving credit to the original artist or paying them? It also has more to do with who owns the rights which may or may not be the artist, the label may own it and it may be the label Flo Rida is on, I don't know if this is the case in this situation but its a posibility. Im sure whoever owns the Bingo Players "Cry" and Brenda Russell's "Piano in the Dark" is about to make a fortune when this song really hits. This will be bigger than both those songs.

I think we're all forgetting that Flo Rida has the right to PAAAARTAAAAY!

...erm, I'll shu'up now

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    I think it's 10% - so depends on the length of the song.

But all this is more than 10% for sure. Just because he raps over the top doesn't mean that it is a new song.. or even a remix.
    I don't think that's right guys - you 'need' permission regardless of the length.

Even if Mr. Rida has to pay 50% royalty fees, if it's a hit then it will make him some cash - more importantly it adds sales to his albums/tours etc.
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast