Sleur's Come Back Setup
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sleur's Come Back Setup

Hi all,

First off all, let me introduce myself. Nicknamed Sleurhutje (a Dutch word for a caravan, available on many forums), abbreviated to Sleur for many friends. Aged 42 having a lovely wife and two kids. Way back for over 20 years I had a nice set with Technics SL1200's and Monacor mixer. But when kids grow old, attentions move to mopeds, girls and beer. Sold the set and always regretted that choise a few years later.

Recently one of the kids came with the idea of having a DJ controller or something else to experimen with. *dang* That was the final straw... Got myself some nice gear (I think) to start with. First came the Pioneer DDJ-T1, almost brand new and used a few times (previous owner switched to CDJ's). Running on a HP 6735b Notebook with AMD Turion 1.8GHz Dual-Core and 4GB RAM things worked fine. However the update to Traktor 2.5 caused many problems with the AMD CPU. Being an IT-Pro things could be solved but at every start configuration needs to be changed. Got sick of that.

Okay, I got to get me a nice set that works flawless, just Plug'n'Play. Boyught a Macbook Air 13" 2011 model with the faster 256GB Samsung SSD. Works like charm. Two weeks later a NI Traktor F1 for use with the Remix Decks and a pair of KRK Rokit 5 monitor speakers. I'm back in Business...

So my setup overview (up till now)
    - Pioneer DDJ-T1
    - NI Traktor F1
    - Macbook Air 13" (2011, 256GB SSD)
    - Traktor Pro 2.5.1
    - KRK Systems Rokit 5 G2
    - Matias iFold notebook stand
    - Pioneer HDJ-500 headphone (to be replaced)

Although the wife loves music too, it's not much appreciated to leave the setup on the kitchen table. So Started to build a studio in the garage. Some other hobbies like model plane flying have to make room.

Keep you posted....
    Last edited by Sleurhutje; 08-11-2015 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Pics moved

Lekker dat je een garage hebt waarin je de ruimte krijgt man!
    (Die blond tas is trouwens te bekend! )

Welcome to the forums!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Nice setup man! Simples

Let us know how the studio goes

WOuld almost think you would have bought that setup at ToneControlODS.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

@tekki: That's correct for the F1 (last friday), KRK's, cables and notebook stand (last saturday). I'm from Beverwijk.

Nice, Toon's an awesome guy. Did two headphone reviews for him. Will be there this Thursday evening, XDJ-AERO & CDJ2000nexus product demo.

Had the fortunate position of testing the DDJ-T1 there as well, had to grives:
    1. The jogs where not to my liking.
    2. The placing of the cue/master split between EQs. (I mix completely over my headphones, so I'm constantly turning this knob. )

Other than that, it is a fantastic controller!

(Oh, and I'm from Hoofddorp. )

Nice get up! I use to own a DDJT-1, it was a pretty good 4 channel controller. Loved the advanced effects mode. Only thing I wish it had was a VU meter. Good luck on the garage studio!
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

... Just had a kid and am experiencing the temptation of thinking other things are important now. Held my ground and no my dj booth is the centerpiece of our livingroom. I'm determinded to keep in the mixing business till I can pass it on!

(Zwolle)
    Last edited by boarderbas; 09-10-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

When i saw your name i knew you was from The Netherlands!

welkom op het forum bro!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Wow, it's been a while. Still active and having lots of fun DJ'ing around.

At first plans were made to move to the garage. Made a seperate room, sound isolated so making any loud noises at midnight was no problem. Flying around with scale model airplanes and driving in my Triumph Spitfire 1500TC are some of the many other hobbies.

However, my wife left and all of a sudden and there was plenty of space in the living room. No one objected and I moved the whole shebang. Made a booth based on the infamous IKEA Expedit bookcases. Meanwhile my daughter (13 years young) got the virus as well and started using my setup.
    (yes, these model airplanes are all over the place)

Over time, I made it to play at the internet radio station www.danceradio.in, playing at tuesday and friday evenings.

And my daughter also made her internet radio debut at the radio station. Makes me a proud dad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast