Mapping encoders in Abelton

Default Mapping encoders in Abelton

Hello forum!

I recently purched a novation twitch but im having problems mapping the encoders to it, when i map it to a send nothing happens it just says at the bottom 'waiting for pick up'
    Any help or suggestions would be appriciated,

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalPuppy View Post
    Hello forum!

I recently purched a novation twitch but im having problems mapping the encoders to it, when i map it to a send nothing happens it just says at the bottom 'waiting for pick up'
    Any help or suggestions would be appriciated,

thanks!
    OK, so I've got it to 'pick up' now when i move the encoder it the virtual knob jumps from 0 to 100%, any ideas on how i could set it to a more gradual increase?

Thanks in advance!

When you're in midi mapping mode, what do the min/max values say(this would be where your browser usually is, on the left upper side)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sachemdot View Post
    When you're in midi mapping mode, what do the min/max values say(this would be where your browser usually is, on the left upper side)?
    not at my computer at the moment but as far as i remember it says inf - 0.0

Tech Student

it took me a while to find but i was having this issue while trying to map an Xone K2. At the VERY bottom of the ableton window on the left a dropdown appears when you're in Midi map mode and have mapped an encoder that gives you options for selecting how the encoder is interpreted. Based on the location and the option names I feel like this was an afterthought or late addition or something, but anyway you can set this to have your encoder inc/dec in different styles.

thnx man!
    still cant find it tho, would it be possible to upload a screenshot?

Asad.

Ahh nvm ive found it =D
    thanx alot man, uve been a great help!!

Tech Student

Cool! Happy to help.

Tech Wizard

i kinda bumped in the same problem i guess, but with TouchOSC's encoder. if anyone has idea on how to map it please help! when I map it, i turned the encoders and it didn't respond to the mapping or it jumps to the max value right away. anyone know how to resolve this?
    *Inactive Account*

as Haegen said earlier right at the bottom to the left as soon as u map an encoder a small drop down window appears, u can adjsut how the encoder behaved with that.