Deck Copy problems revisited
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Deck Copy problems revisited

Im still trying to figure out why i cant get deck copy to work on my setup. i know this has been discussed in great detail in earlier threads but im not sure the issue was ever clearly resolved. with this tsi as well as every djtt tsi release since the introduction of traktor pro, my deck copy function only copies the track into the target deck but auto play does not start. it frustrates me to no end when i see it working for ean in his 2.2tsi video tutorial. i've got a standard setup detailed below and all deck preference options unchecked. someone please shed some light on this ongoing problem please.

i'd like to know if anyone is running tractor pro 1.2 with tsi 2.2 on a macbookpro and is able to get deck copy to work.

thanks
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Tech Mentor

Well Brian,

I still have the same problem (also reported this in earlier threads) and have no idea of how to get it to work.

Traktor Pro 1.2
    FW 1.3
    Newest Tsi (2.2.8) - Imported all settings and have tested all deck preferences (autoplay, load into stopped deck etc.).
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Can you be a bit more descriptive about when it doesnt work, when it does work and exactly what your experiencing.

A description deck copy function can be found 1min 50secs into this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWl79ae6fkM&t=1m50s

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Can you be a bit more descriptive about when it doesnt work, when it does work and exactly what your experiencing.

A description deck copy function can be found 1min 50secs into this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWl79ae6fkM&t=1m50s
    Hi BentoSan,

thx for your interest. Deck Copy issues was/is discussed in the 2_2 Thread.
    Mainly on Pages 3-7 without resolution.

Deck Copy works - but the track does not play until you actually press play.
    This is also is unaffected of the setting "load to load cue marker", "only load into stopped deck" and so on.
    The position and the track are copied - the track will not start playing. Hitting play after deck copy will make the track asychron.
    Last edited by Leon.R; 06-25-2009 at 06:30 AM.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Tech Mentor

yeah i grit my teeth when i saw deck copy working properly at 1m50s in that video. im dying to know why it won't work like that for claudek, Leon.R and myself. what do we have in common that is preventing this function from working the way it should? are we the only 3 experiencing this problem? for reference i described exactly what's happening in great detail on page 5 of the VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 thread. rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

big thanks to djtt community for all your contributions in helping to advance functionality and diagnose and solve problems!!
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Brian, Im also in the boat with you. mine behaves exactly like you have described in the VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 thread. Actually I had also given up on this feature, so props to you for staying on it!

Tech Guru

weird it works ok/normal with new 2.2 tsi loaded
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    weird it works ok/normal with new 2.2 tsi loaded
    Hi Claudek,

I have the newest one loaded and it will not work / still behaves as described by us (having the problem).

Tech Guru

weird..I try mine again. I read somewhere it is something with the checkbox prefs in loading/playback..but dunno because I had them all unchecked once and still did it.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    weird..I try mine again. I read somewhere it is something with the checkbox prefs in loading/playback..but dunno because I had them all unchecked once and still did it.
    Yep we know about the checkboxes in deck details menu and have them all uncheched. The mistory continues.
    It must be a setting option somwhere in Traktor, since we use the same firmware, software version and tsi. I will try to go through all setting options tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast