Impossible beatgrid tracks?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Impossible beatgrid tracks?

Have you guys ever found yourself facing this type of tracks? Generally rock or other genre that's not EDM.

I'm having some trouble with Lenny Kravitz - Are you gonna go my way, i could use this track in so many ways on my sets that would be insane.

What's the problem? The BPM? the genre itself? the grids? UHUH!)#@!

Tech Mentor

Live drummer is the problem or really not the problem since it was meant to be like that. Normally called swing. All electronic music is produced on a machine so it's perfect to calculate BPM. Your best bet is to take your track into ableton WARP it then export as a .WAV and then add to Traktor.

Yeah, i was thinking about doing that, i certainly will. Thanks.

All electronic music is produced on a machine so it's perfect to calculate BPM.
    Some electronically produced music also has swung out drums. I don't think I've found any house tracks that do but I have found some hip-hop and pop stuff that does, to the point where you can't beatgrid it.

nudge the jog wheel, be a happy camper.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way (Laidback Luke Remix)

Essentially the original with some ridiculously heavy drops... That'll do?
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ JesC View Post
    nudge the jog wheel, be a happy camper.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    This
    Goes out every few seconds, I'd nudge it the whole time, but damn it'll sound like shit live.

You could do hrtbrkd's suggestion or try adding multiple/several beatgrids on the song. The latter may or may not work so well, it would depend on how much the song drifts in tempo.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Can you add multiple beat grids to a song? I didn't know but that makes sense for a transition track etc.

I am dealing with this with an EDM track right now. I CANNOT get a good grid on it. Drives me crazy.
    TSP2 | Kontrol S4 | Pioneer DJM-800 | 2 Kontrol X1s | Kontrol F1 | Maschine | 2 Technics 1210 MK5s
    Other Cool Stuff: Serato | Dicers | Ableton Live | Launchpad | Ortofon S-120s | Ortofron Nightclubs / Headshell Mounted
    My Control Vinyl Collection: Picasa Album | Facebook Album 1 | Facebook Album 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast