green day says kill the dj
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default green day says kill the dj

hey Green Day. now that you guys are releasing music that is about as hard core as justin bieber after taking a handful of estrogen pills you are gonna go and hate on the rebounding EDM scene. SMH

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by howierivet View Post
    rebounding EDM scene. SMH
    When did this happen, last time I checked there was certainly an explosion of 4/4 synth pop music, mish mash 4/4 semi-pop Rap and off to the sidelines David Guetta/SHM styled muck to top it off.

EDM is not a Scene, its a Stupid generalization any music thats danceable and made electronically...it makes it easy for the sheepies to say they are into XYZ style and sound hip - "oh dude i'm into all sorts of EDM - don't you know"

Honestly with the sheer volume of pure tripe in this "rebounding scene" of yours I think they have a point and given the chance I'd probably join in their battle, someone has to take responsibility for playing all this crap.

Although I have seen the Underground Techno and D'nB Scene rebounding a bit.

Tech Convert

umm, i don't know about where you are from but i am pretty sure that all the EDM fan's i see flocking to venues in similar fashion, music tastes and sub-culture do constitute a scene. and in this scene there are further smaller micro scenes such as the house and techno scenes. there is enough cross-over in this minute population to consider EDM in itself a scene.

Tech Mentor

Are we really going to be the forum that lets Green Day get our panties all twisted. Come on people, it's radio rock for kids to be "rebellious" to...
    I hear an 8hz sinewave can make a whole room of dubstep producers simultaneously stroke their beards.

Even if they havnt got one.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    Are we really going to be the forum that lets Green Day get our panties all twisted. Come on people, it's radio rock for kids to be "rebellious" to...
    Can't agree more, listening to Green Day from when they started until now shows you their evolution as a band....I could care less about this song, more just sad that green day fell off so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    The last time the radio had music for "rebellious" kids, Napalm was burning down Vietnamese jungles.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    When did this happen, last time I checked there was certainly an explosion of 4/4 synth pop music, mish mash 4/4 semi-pop Rap and off to the sidelines David Guetta/SHM styled muck to top it off.

EDM is not a Scene, its a Stupid generalization any music thats danceable and made electronically...it makes it easy for the sheepies to say they are into XYZ style and sound hip - "oh dude i'm into all sorts of EDM - don't you know"

Honestly with the sheer volume of pure tripe in this "rebounding scene" of yours I think they have a point and given the chance I'd probably join in their battle, someone has to take responsibility for playing all this crap.

Although I have seen the Underground Techno and D'nB Scene rebounding a bit.
    Quite right, 'EDM' is not a scene, just a term coined to describe the current expansion of commerical, TOP40 orientated 4/4 pop dance music in the US. I would call 'EDM' more as a genre and a poor representation of dance music in general (IMO of course, each to their own and all that).

Quote Originally Posted by howierivet View Post
    umm, i don't know about where you are from but i am pretty sure that all the EDM fan's i see flocking to venues in similar fashion, music tastes and sub-culture do constitute a scene. and in this scene there are further smaller micro scenes such as the house and techno scenes. there is enough cross-over in this minute population to consider EDM in itself a scene.
    House and Techno are definitely not micro scenes within 'EDM'. Go watch 'How Clubbing Changed The World', a fairly good way to find out the history of modern dance music in the last 25 years, think you'll find 'EDM' has just popped up in the last couple.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Its a video. chill
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Fuck EDM in its stupid cheesy face.

Tech Guru

Weren't The Smiths hanging DJ's first?
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast