Native Instruments is making me really upset - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That's how companies work. They need return on their investment.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

For the punks who think that being a great DJ means how expensive and hip your gear is, here's a little fact for you:

I can do a lot more with one WeGo and Traktor than I can with two CDJ-1000's and a DJM-600.

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    if Pioneer is releasing a map in October that's cool. Probably with no help from NI. The controller is designed for Virtual DJ anyway. Everything has to be tweaked for Traktor.

>
    Again, how is that NI's fault? Let me understand you, you're purchasing a controller you know was designed for use with a rival company's product, but you want to use it with traktor and you feel NI should be doing more to accommodate the use of controllers specifically designed for use with virtual dj.

I'm not unsympathetic to that concept in general, I use a Twitch with Traktor myself, but I fail to see what NI has done wrong.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    ^ this

Is "pioneer wego" a typo....? You're sure you didn't mean to type the name of any other controller ever?
    if it makes you feel any better, I will call him Baby Ergo.

>

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    Again, how is that NI's fault? Let me understand you, you're purchasing a controller you know was designed for use with a rival company's product, but you want to use it with traktor and you feel NI should be doing more to accommodate the use of controllers specifically designed for use with virtual dj.

I'm not unsympathetic to that concept in general, I use a Twitch with Traktor myself, but I fail to see what NI has done wrong.
    Twitch has a Traktor mapping on the Novation webpage.

I get it. NI is trying to make bill$$$$$. I just want more controllers designed for Traktor. The choices are limited and remapping isn't 100% compatible when the controller is designed for other software. (WTF do I do with a sampler button?)
    >

Twitch has a Traktor mapping on the Novation webpage.
    yes, which Novation made for its customers. Pioneer is free to do the same (and apparently they are).
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Guru

Dude, take a deep breath. If NI is trying to make bill$$$$$ they WOULD include Traktor with every controller like VDJ. This isn't their business model.

I'm quite certain that nobody is going to agree with you here...and it's not because you're so much smarter than us, it's because nobody in their right mind would ever get upset about it. The basic functions of that controller can be mapped in 2 hours. It's not hard.

This is by far the weakest shit I've seen in a while. Quit complaining, man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Dude, take a deep breath. If NI is trying to make bill$$$$$ they WOULD include Traktor with every controller like VDJ. This isn't their business model.
    Remember that time they released a huge new module, which basically gives us ableton clip launching inside Traktor, and then intentionally prevented us from using it unless we bought their new controller "because they developed the hardware and software so closely"...?

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    I'm quite certain that nobody is going to agree with you here...and it's not because you're so much smarter than us, it's because nobody in their right mind would ever get upset about it. The basic functions of that controller can be mapped in 2 hours. It's not hard.

This is by far the weakest shit I've seen in a while. Quit complaining, man.
    [/quote]

However, you're correct here... This guy's crying over the dorkiest thing ever...
    I could replicate the mapping they're going to offer for it in about 45 minutes.

I can do a lot more with one WeGo and Traktor than I can with two CDJ-1000's and a DJM-600.

>
    Apparently not, unless you're willing to map it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Remember that time they released a huge new module, which basically gives us ableton clip launching inside Traktor, and then intentionally prevented us from using it unless we bought their new controller "because they developed the hardware and software so closely"...?
    It's not a bad point but remember when the S4 was coming out and American Audio released the VMS4 to encroach on their market share? They weren't going to let that happen again with the F1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast