Pioneer HDJ500 or Sennheiser 205
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Pioneer HDJ500 or Sennheiser 205

I currently have Sennheiser 205s but I had my first DJ gig and they didn't seem to be loud enough and isolate outside noise as much as I would have liked.

I had my eyes on the Pioneer HDJ500s and wondering if anyone had any input if these isolated sound better and were overall louder.

Much appreciated!

heard that ghe hdj 500 is fine value for money, but if i was you i would atleast try out a couple of better headphones
    since its a key item in your setup.
    look for sennheiser hd25, aiai tma-1, sony mdr-700 or some akg phones.

Tech Mentor

The last thing you want to do is skimp on headphones. Save more money and buy a pair that costs at least twice what youre wanting to spend. If I could start my DJ hobby over (as well as my sense of hearing) I would put headphones at the top of my list every time.

Tech Wizard

I got the HDJ500, decent value for money! But you'll really want something better, that's what I'm figuring out right now, and that's a € 90 I could've saved up for something way better.

I have the 205's but I'd suggest going for the HDJ 500's since they seem to isolate a little better and seem to be sturdier IMO, although I must say that I haven't had any problems with my 205's.

But I'm now intending to upgrade to some HD25's and stop messing around. If you have the chance to save up twice what you are willing to spend I'm gonna jump in the bandwagon and recommend getting better headphones.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Took the leap and bought a pair of sennheiser HD25 MK2's from the start.

Never looked back.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

I have the HDJ500 but I'm planning to get the HDJ2000. Why? The ear shells are too small and press pretty hard on the back of the ear. After a few hours they give me headaches. The HDJ2000 goes over the ears.

Tech Student

How about the hdj1500 ... They seem to be right in the middle.

I'm using the Hdj1500, they price-quality is perfect. They are loud, durable, isolate very well and have an excellent sound. If you want to have a high-end headphone and don't want to spend a lot of money. This is what you need.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Fango Jett; 09-15-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Tech Mentor

I have the 500's definitely save and get different ones. They hurt my ears after an hour or so. The padding isn't very forgiving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast