TP1 and TP2 on the same system? Some advice needed ...

Default TP1 and TP2 on the same system? Some advice needed ...

Currently running TP1 on a Win7 laptop. All runs well. Very low CPU load, very stable, good sound with zero dropouts or glitches.

I'd like to set up a TP2 system on the same laptop without affecting my current working TP1 setup. Is it possible? Need to experiment with TP2 and check out if I have any performance/CPU or mapping issues before moving permanently to TP2. Seems to be a few factors to take into account like re-analyzing tracks, bpm locks etc. Also reading about high CPU loads with some TP2 versions.

What are the options? I'd appreciate some good tips or links. Thanks.

Tech Mentor

Yep just install and run. The TSP1 will have a .exe for it and so will the TSP2.

That's a good start. Thanks.

How about mappings/TSIs, stripes for the 2 different versions? (I have customized mappings for X!s, Maschine on TP1) ... Currently all this TP1 data is located in a folder with my music library for simplified backup.

Also, I believe TP2 will want to reanalyze/re-stripe my collection. Is there a way to avoid this until later? Anything I have to watch out for here? (I have a lot of accurately gridded, bpm locked FLAC files)