VCI-100SE and Traktor Pro (list of fixes and improvements I made to Ean's 2.2.8 TSI)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default VCI-100SE and Traktor Pro (list of fixes and improvements I made to Ean's 2.2.8 TSI)

Here is the changelog as I maintain it on my version control repository.

For convenience I am pasting the current version at the bottom of this post too. If this thread gets an attention, I will try to keep this post in sync if I do any more changes. I am actually sure I have missed a few minor bugs I have fixed.

The key thing I actually see missing in Ean's TSI is adding comments. Like I had to search a bit before finding out that Modifier #7 is the shift button. Or that M4=1 means Deck C is selected while M8=2 means Deck D is selected.

As I have explained in another thread, the current Traktor Pro export format makes it really hard (aka impossible) to easily make just some of my changes available for people (would be nice if people would +1 this request over on the NI forums). As for the features additions I am myself not sure yet about all of them. For now I am just experimenting. But I would appreciate some feedback, new ideas etc.

I have gotten some requests by people about how I fixed this or that. Not an army of people that would make it clear to Ean that his TSI needs updating urgently. However with this thread some of the bug fixes (and improvements) might make it into the official TSI or we can at least collaborate on maintaining a "fork" with some of the changes.

---- Changelog contents ------

Here is a summary of the changes I have made to Ean's VCI-100SE 2.2.8 TSI.
    Ean's original: http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/
    My patched version: http://code.google.com/p/djtt/source...ktorpro/lsmith
    Video illustrating the juggle 1-8 mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIL9gqSX8s

Bugfixes:
    - swapped eq fx gater and drive effects so that they match the overlay
    - select advanced mode when moving the volume fader in fader mode
    - removed bogus assignment of modifier #6
    - adjusted the jog wheel tempo bend rotary sensitivity to 67% for all decks

Features:
    - increased tempo fader rotary sensitivity to 87%
    - shift+crossfader selects the deck in focus
    - shift+snap sets keylock on the deck in focus
    - add support preview support via shift + FX ON buttons: load (Deck A Bank 1), pause/play (Deck A Bank 2), seek forward (Deck B Bank 1) and seek backward (Deck B Bank 2)
    - select the move length via shift+fx wet/dry on the deck on focus
    - execute move with shift plus: Loop On (beatjump back), B On (beatjump
    forward), C On (loop back), D On (loop forward)
    - enabled "show values when over control" and also enable "show slider values"
    while shift is on hold
    - added support for reset in advanced fx mode when pressing the B button
    - added support to pan via shift+gain
    - enable softtakeover everywhere but in the effect selects and tempo control
    - added support to toggle between internal master clock with all decks set to sync and auto via shift + quantize
    - disabled using the pitch fader in fader fx mode, so that they can work for setting the master tempo when switching to internal master clock via shift + quantize
    - added support for iTM DJ: the knobs are just mapped for output, the other buttons are mapped as one would expect (except for cue which acts as auto x-fader left/right and the load which also activates cruise mode)
    - added comments to most of the original modifiers
    - added support to scroll through the tree with shift + outside of the left jog wheel
    - added support to scroll through the list with shift + outside of the right jog wheel

Features requiring Bome's MIDI Translator:
    - fixed juggle button taking things out of juggle mode even if the juggle knob is still active
    - added support for juggle 1-8 mode on the deck in focus, when pressing the juggle button when the juggle knob is turned on (this will make the juggle button LED flash), pressing the juggle button again will revert back to normal juggle mode
    - added support to toggle layout to show the master clock and recorder or both FX panels via shift + sampler, holding for more than 0.5 seconds makes things behave as a hold
    - added support for remapping iTM DJ from channel 1 to channel 10
    Last edited by lsmith; 06-29-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: + tree and list scrolling via the left/right jog wheel, + setting the master tempo when in internal master clock mode
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

I'm liking this TSI a lot. Thanks.
    However, I'm unable to figure out the preview feature:
    - add support preview support via shift + FX ON buttons: load (Deck A Bank 1), pause/play (Deck A Bank 2), seek forward (Deck B Bank 1) and seek backward (Deck B Bank 2)

I'm assuming that this is the track preview player. Do I need Bomes for this? as i'm on a mac and i know there's is a mac version now, but this item isn't included in the Bomes required list.

The only other feature I'd like to see added is the ability to have faster scrolling of tracks in the browser ideally using the Jog Wheels (and of course disabling any pitching/scratching on the decks that are currently) when in maximum browsing view mode. I continually have to reach back to the computer to make huge jumps of scrolling in my playlists.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Convert

I'm about to load this right now as it looks great.

Tech Wizard

I spent some time with Misa's mapping and I'm thinking I may be liking that one a touch better. At least I'm able to come to terms remembering the layout a bit quicker.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blancodisco View Post
    I'm liking this TSI a lot. Thanks.
    However, I'm unable to figure out the preview feature:

I'm assuming that this is the track preview player. Do I need Bomes for this? as i'm on a mac and i know there's is a mac version now, but this item isn't included in the Bomes required list.
    No bome is not required.
    Here is an image of how things are layed out.

The only other feature I'd like to see added is the ability to have faster scrolling of tracks in the browser ideally using the Jog Wheels (and of course disabling any pitching/scratching on the decks that are currently) when in maximum browsing view mode. I continually have to reach back to the computer to make huge jumps of scrolling in my playlists.
    I can check out if that is possible. I haven't really looked at how the jog wheels are mapped.
    Last edited by lsmith; 06-28-2009 at 03:23 PM.
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

The image has gone .... this mapping sounds mint, squeezin even more out of an already brilliant mapping!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

thanks man, i'll keep an eye out here if you figure out the track browse/scroll with the jog wheels. something tells me you may be out of modifiers!
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Tech Guru

thanks man, i'll keep an eye out here if you figure out the track browse/scroll with the jog wheels. something tells me you may be out of modifiers!
    Sorry screwed up the linkage. Fixed now.
    One of the issues with scrolling is of course that currently shift+tab on job wheel is save cue point. So if at all, I would do something where you move the jog wheel on the outside. But I guess that also seems feasible in theory.

does soft takeover work properly with this now ?

How come it didnt work with eans ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

i probably am.
    though one approach i havent yet really worked on would allow me to optimize modifier use. but since i have bome's now, I am not so inclined to work on this.

there is something called bitwise operations. In theory one could stick more than one "flag" into a single modifier.

MX=0 (aka 0000) => no flag set
    MX=1 (aka 0001) => flag 1 set
    MX=2 (aka 0010) => flag 2 set
    MX=3 (aka 0011) => flag 1 and 2 set
    MX=4 (aka 0100) => flag 3 set
    MX=5 (aka 0101) => flag 1 and 3 set
    MX=6 (aka 0110) => flag 2 and 3 set
    MX=7 (aka 0111) => flag 1, 2 and 3 set

The other nice side effect is that now you can check for multiple flags with only one modifier check. Using this technique, I could probably free up 1-2 modifiers.

Of course it means you need to map out everything 4 times as per the above example, since you have 4 different modifier values that all mean that a given flag is set. In a "proper" programming language you have operators that let you check in one condition if a flag is set for all of the different cases. Check the wikipedia link I noted above already for details.
    Last edited by lsmith; 06-28-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast