Had my first gig yesterday...

Default Had my first gig yesterday...

HORRIBLE comes short describing how bad it was, i played in for 200 people and it was SO BAD. I got there 1 hour early to set everything up, they had no cables to connect my ns6 to the speakers, the speakers were second hand speakers which were probably fualty cause they had NO bass at all, i had to drive back home to get cables and chop them up to make makeshift connections. I prepared a house playlist and the audience, which turned out to be a bucnh of 15 year old kids who wanted to hear reggeaton, i was mixing with a friend who told me he had expirience using the ns6 but he didnt and all the mixes got mixed up plus there was no bass so try to imagine how bad it was, i ended up bailing out after 15 minutes.

Such a bad expirience, have yall had bad gigs? or how was ur first gig

Interesting but you learn from such experiences such as:
    a) Always bring all kinds of cables for all kinds of scenarios, if you check the DJ gig bags with DJs such as James Zabiela, a large part is all kinds of cables and cable converters.

b) For these kind of open format events it's best to bring a hard disk full of music for all kinds of unexpected scenarios with the audience wanting this or that. There's a line to draw about music requests but if you have a bigger palette of music you could get a better response.

c) Don't trust people when they claim they know something, check them out beforehand. The music business is full of people promising but not delivering.

Anyway, the more prepared you are for scenarios, the better outcome.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Interesting but you learn from such experiences such as:
    a) Always bring all kinds of cables for all kinds of scenarios, if you check the DJ gig bags with DJs such as James Zabiela, a large part is all kinds of cables and cable converters.

b) For these kind of open format events it's best to bring a hard disk full of music for all kinds of unexpected scenarios with the audience wanting this or that. There's a line to draw about music requests but if you have a bigger palette of music you could get a better response.

c) Don't trust people when they claim they know something, check them out beforehand. The music business is full of people promising but not delivering.

Anyway, the more prepared you are for scenarios, the better outcome.
    hit the nail on the head. don't fret too much, these are lessons that basically everyone learns the hard way at some point
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Tech Guru

I once dj'ed with a lad who claimed to be an awsome DJ. He set up the gig yea that was a mistake

Allways yet any1 you are going to DJ with