K2 or X1 For MIX and Music Making ?

Default K2 or X1 For MIX and Music Making ?

Hey guy , I want to buy a controller to the composition and which can also serve me for the mix. I hesitate between the Xone k2 and X1.. What is the best compromise?

Banned

what? Just ask in your native language. One of us on here is bound to speak it, and will help you out.

Both have their benefits and yes, misfits. Search the forum, this question has been asked a million times.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I have both and have used both as a standalone mixer. K2 is way better for using than an X1 in that respect.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I have both and have used both as a standalone mixer. K2 is way better for using than an X1 in that respect.
    I agree. Faders on K2 make mixing easier...it just seems like a more natural mapping to use the K2 as a mixer rather than the X1. With the K2 you get 4 line faders, 4 sets of 3 pots for EQs (Lo/Mid/Hi), plus a 4x4 button matrix for triggering cues, loops etc...plus some encoders etc...

I love my X1, but it has its purpose, and for me, that purposes is not mixing.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^This, plus the 3 latching layers will come in handy in a production environment vs the X1's single shift layer.