4 CDJ 2000 as Aggregate Device

Default 4 CDJ 2000 as Aggregate Device

I'm having some difficulty getting this to work consistently. Has anyone had any success in doing this?

The problems that i seem to be facing, is that i have no idea when i make the aggregate device which cd deck is which, as they are all just listed as CDJ 2000. This is resulting in the audio signal not coming out of the desired mixer channel. Also, i'm intermittently having some of the cdj's not outputting to the mixer. The only variables i can put this down to are something to do with the way the aggregate device is created, or the usb hub that i'm using.

What i can't wrap my head around is that it should theoretically be so simple. When you enter the Advanced HID mode and select the deck for use, it should automatically route the physical output too. ie: if you select deck A on the HID then that CDJ should route out of Pioneer CDJ Aggregate device channels 0&1. This however, goes back to my lack of understanding about which order the CDJ's are created and listed in the aggregate device as a whole....

It's starting to hurt my brain...

Has anyone had more success with this than me?

Any help/advice would be gratefully received...

Tech Wizard

Im pretty sure because the aggregate device is created outside traktor, it has nothing to do with HID, and therefore cannot be swapped. I do find frequently when setting up aggregates (i only usually am working with two cdjs), traktor sometimes gets them mixed up and i just have to manually test out which line is which.

If you have 4x2Ks though, do you happen to have either a djm900 or an Audio8/10 you could just use for the sound output? If you had a djm900 it would mean you dont even need RCA cables at all!

I do have both of those, but i'm really looking to find a solution with aggregated devices. there's no way i want to take an Audio 10 to play out with, it's just ridiculous ball ache. Added to that, even though i have a DJM900 on my tech rider, i probably only get it 3/4 of the time when i actually turn up...

And you're right, the HID has nothing to do with the audio output, so it does simply come down to the order in which the 4 CDJ's are added to the aggregate device. I wonder if this has something to do with the port numbers on the USB hub... Again, when you're standing in front of a crowd, there's not really time to go messing about with the output configuration in traktor to make CDJ's 1-4 align to channels 1-4

Anyone else had any experience with the ordering of aggregate devices?

Tech Wizard

fair enough, well unfortunately that is the nature of dealing with 8 channels of audio coming from separate devices and trying to make them into one. I suppose just keep playing around with which you plug into the hub first, where they are on the hub to try and find how it aggregates..also might be worth asking Pioneer Support. Did you download their automated aggregation script?

I guess you're right about it being the nature of it. They really could do something to make identifying the separate units easier though. Like a serial number or something... Thanks for suggesting Pioneer support, i posted something up there. Hopefully someone official will come back regarding it. I've ordered a D-Link usb hub with numbered ports on it to test out my theory regarding the decks being matched to corresponding usb port numbers...

I did try the script, though obviously it's an automation of the manual process.

I guess i'll have to keep meddling until i find or someone gives me an explanation!