Worth it to buy new Maschine Mikro or just buy old one?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worth it to buy new Maschine Mikro or just buy old one?

The old one is $200, which is half of the what the new one will be in a few weeks.

My question is, what are the chances that NI will make all new improvements to the software or Traktor ONLY work with the new one.

What do you think?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by crakbot View Post
    The old one is $200, which is half of the what the new one will be in a few weeks.

My question is, what are the chances that NI will make all new improvements to the software or Traktor ONLY work with the new one.

What do you think?
    I think you should google and learn for yourself. All of this has been discussed out there.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Can I google your name and find out if you're a douche? Oh wait, I already know.

I was asking about future updates to Traktor and whether it will only be available to the new hardware. Seems like a valid discussion for a fairly new topic, at least more so than the countless threads about MP3 Vs. Wav or any of the other BS you guys go on and on about for the past several years.

If you have nothing to say, just let the thread go next time. But if you really need to feel elitist telling people to RTFM or Google it, go ahead.

Can I google your name and find out if you're a douche? Oh wait, I already know.

I was asking about future updates to Traktor and whether it will only be available to the new hardware. Seems like a valid discussion for a fairly new topic, at least more so than the countless threads about MP3 Vs. Wav or any of the other BS you guys go on and on about for the past several years.

If you have nothing to say, just let the thread go next time. But if you really need to feel elitist telling people to RTFM or Google it, go ahead.
    Do you really think that people will help you after you called someone a douche get over yourself and be polite. this topic has been discussed before on here and if you did a google search you would probably find your answer straight away....
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Do you really think that people will help you after you called someone a douche get over yourself and be polite. this topic has been discussed before on here and if you did a google search you would probably find your answer straight away....
    he's sort of right, though. that was an incredibly douchey response considering crakbot's "crime" was thinking that a forum about dj tech is an appropriate place to ask a question about some new dj technology.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

the maschine software is going to be updated for all users of maschine (including massive):
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/.../?content=2125

as far as making future versions of traktor compatible with only the new maschine hardware...i highly doubt it. i'm not sure how you mean by compatible with traktor though. you could use it as a midi controller with no issues (currently excluding full remix deck control) and since the maschine software is going to be the same for all users, it won't make a difference in that regard.

if i were you, i would get an old full sized maschine. that would cost the same amount as the new mikro. unless you think that pretty buttons, an optional white exterior, and a slightly different layout are worth several hundred extra dollars. proaudiostar even have open boxed ones for $350.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Back to the question people and less about why he asked.

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Dude, the product is just hitting the street today. How can you or that other guy claim that everything has already been settled and all discussions are over. If anything, people are just getting their hands on it, the discussion over the new hardware is just getting started, not already settled.

But enough of that and back on topic.

I guess my thinking is that a Traktor update will include remix deck support of the new maschine, but maybe not the old one. That's probably the main thing. The price difference is $150, so if the pads are nicer like they claim and it supports the remix deck in the future, it might be worth the difference. But if not I agree with squidot and will probably just get the old one. The micro is $199 at Amazon which is a pretty awesome deal when you consider the F1 is $250.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Sounds like you're just an over-sensitive individual. Look it the fuck up and stop crying because I didn't baby you. It's been discussed all over the web. Just cause it's a forum doesn't mean we're your personal search team.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast