MIDI Remote script help.....Please?
    Tech Convert

Default MIDI Remote script help.....Please?

Ok, so I posted this on the ableton forum a week ago and not even one response, so I'm hoping someone here on DJTT is either a) more knowledgeable and/or b) more helpful. I am not looking for someone to do the work, but who can help me understand and figure it out and do it myself, I'd like to learn more about scripting and well I'm not going to if someone just does it for me.

So I use Haz Petrov's APC64-40 remote script, and have recently become enamored by the flashy VU meters used by illGates and will marshall. I figured if I bought Will Marshalls template shouldn't be too hard to reverse enginer the VU meters and get them working with my current script, well either I'm dumb as hell (the most likely scenario) or its not that freaking easy. I even hit up Will Marshall for help, he provided me with a simpler VU meter script, still cannot for the life of me get this to work with the APC64-40 script. There anyone out there that could help me with this?

Tech Mentor

Hey !STiTCH!, I modified a VU meter class from the Livid Framework (I found it the easier to implement than Will's meters for the APC) for my MF3D launcher script, download it and take a look, maybe it will be more helpful http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/664 (it's for the master channel, but you can easily modify it to work for for any)
    probably you will just have to map the correct MIDI signals for it. Also do you get any specific error messages in your log?

Tech Convert

Thanks for the response ghztomash. I have the Livid VU Meter script (I got it from Will Marshall, it is different then the one in his template), and I am not getting any error messages or anything for that matter. I guess where I am missing it, is that I have this script, I add it to the folder with the rest of the scripts for the APC 64-40 script, I'm guessing there is one of these scripts that acts as a "master control" of sort, and I need to edit that to see and utilize the VU meter script, I will take a look at yours and see if anything clicks.