Beatport is too money hungry - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I used to spend every spare penny I had on vinyl. House of 10000+ still and a very unhappy wife.

The cost these days is a drop in the ocean. Thankfully your digital purchase will also survive a party where you're too hammered to slide it back in the sleeve and render your £8 import unplayable and worthless. I shamefully did a party once and returned the next day to find approximately 40 records sleeveless and left in a shabby pile.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Or getting your bag lost or stolen.

I didn't even read the whole replys. I just see a bunch of "old" guys trying to act oldschool "yeah back in the vinyl days bla bla bla bla".
    Oldies, you are so entertaining.

I dream of the day this will be over and people will stop refering to the past to act cool.

PS : special mention to keithface that went on wikipedia to counter my statement.
    Last edited by dope; 09-22-2012 at 05:32 PM.

i hear the vinyl guys and understand their arguement but when buying an album on beatport is more expensive than going to the store or buying a hard copy on amazon + shipping...well that's just stupid.

i am mexican you idiot...i was offended at you using something that you know zero about...

i wrote a few college papers on meso america...let me know if you want to have a discussion...
    Last edited by keithace; 09-22-2012 at 06:48 PM.

and on being "old"...i will still blow your shit up...records, cds, mp3s, the fucking banjo...

and the reality of things is that i DID pay 11 bucks for one song, 7 bucks if it was a domestic release...

you assholes now a days torrent music and think you are entitled to it...99 cents or 1.99 isnt cheap enough for you? find another hobby...

Here's what I learned so far,

dope is a twat, squidot is my new hero and keithace spends his afternoons in a Home Depot parking lot looking for any lawn work he can find

settle petal
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Lowes not Home Depot...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast