Beatport is too money hungry
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Beatport is too money hungry

Okay Beatport, what gives $3.49 for a WAV file? Excuse my rant, but honestly, this is getting ridiculous. I don't mind $2.50 for a WAV, but for a 320 kbps MP3, no.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

audiojelly.com has 99 cent wavs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    audiojelly.com has 99 cent wavs.
    And there's actually some good songs on Audiojelly, but I just hope it's not to be to good to be true. Sucks if the song is a Beatport exclusive though.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

It's always been that much money ever since I found out about beatport around 2005 or 6. If you wait a few weeks the prices drop so you can shop for slightly older music at $1.50/mp3 or get your music somewhere else. There's also a bunch of promo codes on another thread here so you can save some money that way as well.

Every time I see someone complain about bp I think back to making those tough decisions of paying $11 for a vinyl import single with 1 track I liked.

edit: here's the discount link: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=54298
    Last edited by squidot; 09-18-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Guru

FFS it really isnt that much money.

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    Every time I see someone complain about bp I think back to making those tough decisions of paying $11 for a vinyl import single with 1 track I liked.
    All the young guys should take this into consideration before making a useless thread like this

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    truth
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    FFS it really isnt that much money.
    But that one track for $11 may have been "the track" of your set for months and months and no-one else would have, or be able to find it.

So I disagree, sure vinyl was expensive but once you bought it you had:

a) Something Physical you could sell on afterward for a few $
    b) Much more set longevity from your vinyl collection as tracks were expensive to get released and that one track for $11 was probably part of your set for a greater period of time than the digital download.

When everyone was playing vinyl you could Cane "that track" week in - week out for months with everyone wondering what the hell it was or which remix, DJ sets were more Varied and DJ's understood that you had to trust your ears for what would work and do your own legwork.

IMHO that was the special part about going to see big-name jocks, those "ghost" tracks you heard on a dodgy mixtape that you start to wonder if they existed at all, until you see a limited edition 5/100 copy in your mates house at a party someday.

What I'm getting at is amount of milage you get from a DJ set since computers and Downloading has become the norm is much less and keeping up-to-date these days is more expensive IMHO.

I do think that 3.50 is a bit rich for a WAV file ... I'll stick with Mp3's despite their flaws there's not THAT many tracks I buy that I'll still be playing in a year from now, so not worth paying the premium.

Ha beatport sucks

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I wonder if beatport will lower their prices or raise them when EDM sinks away to obscurity again?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast