Best speakers

Thread: Best speakers

Tech Student

Default Best speakers

I am looking for any advice on the best active dj/monitor speakers in the£200- £400 budget range for use with NI's S4. Bedroom use ideally. Not looking for something that's going to annoy the neighbours but has the capability ! I play Techno/house so want a pair that pack a bass punch. I am thinking of doing a spot of producing too, so ideally I'm looking for all round audio honesty as well. Been looking at Yamaha HS 80/50 m's as well as JBL 5's. Any other models I should be considering/ what would you use? All advice welcome. Thank you in advance...

Tech Wizard

here is a video that shows some comparisons

there have been millions of threads on this already, use the search function to your advantage

sebastiannz

I was in your situation about 2 weeks ago. I moved over to the UK and sold my old setup (Alesis M1active 520 and KEF C4 sub). I now have a full KRK setup - Rokit 5's and a 10" KRK sub. It sounds good but to be honest the monitors are a little bright, and the sub a bit boomy for my room. Acoustics in my room are not that favourable so it might not be the sub's fault so to speak, but I think I prefer the old C4 sub, which had an 8" driver and thus was a bit tighter (although weirdly hit lower - 22hz I think, compared to the KRK 36hz).

Anyway... I recommend you go INTO the store and listen to them yourself. I ordered mine after doing a fair bit of research but now wish I had done a bit more 'ear research' It's a lot of money so it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by djtmoks View Post
    there have been millions of threads on this already, use the search function to your advantage
    That video really has little relevance for DJing.

The consensus for DJing "monitors" is rokkits or yamaha hs series with their respective sub. Rokkits are cheap and sound good for DJing especially with the sub added and turned up. They are not great studio monitors. Yamaha HS series is a similar deal but slightly better if you ever want to use them for production. If you want bass get a sub, don't worry about accuracy for DJing.

For me the Mackie MR5 works best.

My experience is, that these work best in their price category, €169,- per piece, for techno/tech house/deep house/progressive/minimal and drum & bass.

Flattest response and more true to recording when comparing it to KRK Rokits, Yamaha NS and Behringer Truth.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    For me the Mackie MR5 works best.

My experience is, that these work best in their price category, €169,- per piece, for techno/tech house/deep house/progressive/minimal and drum & bass.

Flattest response and more true to recording when comparing it to KRK Rokits, Yamaha NS and Behringer Truth.

they are on sale for $129 each at guitar center

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Go for it! You will not/never regret buying these!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --