Mad Zach Live/Studio remix competition - The thread. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I thought mine was coming on quite well but this is seriously shit hot^^

I guess trying to create my brand of house music out of a slow electro jam thing is a nice personal challenge though and it might help stem me out of the little inspirational dump in Im in with my EP.

Tech Convert

Good tracks born from this competion, here's my remix.

All the best
    Aion
    Last edited by Aion; 09-29-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Your link hasnt worked mate

I know that it's ok to pitchbend, strech and alter the given samples anyway we want but I'm still conserned that I've gone too far with resampling. What are your opinions about resampling in this contest?

You can do anything you want as long as it uses the original content, saying you've resampled too much is like saying you've pitchbended too much- if its just using the source material it's A-OK

That's what I thought

Mine is now up, a tad experimental in a sense. I only used the source material too

While we're at it what are the live videos like? I haven't seen any yet.

Hey dudes! To answer to elliot I really think that a if a song takes more than a day to make, it means that you had no inspiration, that you're doing maybe good work, but not making art... Well not everything produced in a day is art, but I hope you got my point ;p as the others said the longest part is mastering, and all the effects part, in fact putting in action what you had in mind, not composing.
    As far as I'm concerned I need your feedbacks on my song,see if it's art or not haha

hey guys,i have a questions, im tryin to join the live remix contest (lazer bay side a), ive downloaded the pack,but it seems some of the sound is missing,like the sweep up sound and the glitch part,i was wonderin if you guys havin the same problem
    where can i download the sample?

Here's my entry. Definitely not going to win, but i got some good practice, so I didn't waste my time.

Thought I might as well provide some constructive criticism for some of these songs, so here goes.

Alchemy 1/polybius: I really like how imaginative you were with the samples provided, like with that hoover in the background at 1:38. Usually I don't like progressive tracks, but you mixed it up enough to keep me interested. Sound wise, that kick sounded a bit weak, the pad sometimes "swallowed" it up. Other that, nice.

CNK / Griphity: The intro got boring quite quickly for me, and the part where the half step drums stopped and the pad continued on by itself felt a bit sudden. When it "dropped" though, your song sounded much better. The pad drowned out your kick and your snare a bit, and the song went on for longer than necessary, but apart from that it was good.

Travis Trax: Can't find much fault with this, although I felt that the kick was drowned out by the bass a bit, although that might be a matter of preference.

GXVM: Not even going to bother, pretty much perfect :P

EDIT: Bloody hell, my song sounds shit in comparison with everything else. I knew it was bad, but I hadn't realised how bad until now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast