Mad Zach Live/Studio remix competition - The thread.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Mad Zach Live/Studio remix competition - The thread.

Okay, here is a space to discuss, share your content and comment about this awesome competition.

I think the competition is very good, lot of quality material on the packs. Lots of fun, also the prizes are pretty awesome too.

So, here is my song on the studio remix side of the competition.

I used only the samples in the pack. Pitching, stretching, adding effects and layering so as to obtain the sounds I liked. I tried to make something more on a style of a slow dark evolving track.

Tech Student

So here is my track.

All the sounds are from the sound pack. I tried to make something relaxed, hope you like it.

The contest was only posted yesterday, how can yous produce a track you're happy with in one day? I don't get it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by elliot1106 View Post
    The contest was only posted yesterday, how can yous produce a track you're happy with in one day? I don't get it.
    I participated in an ableton contest where you had to make a track in only 24hs, that super tight schedule kind of obligates you to be super concentrated in everything you do. Since then I try to make or at least have the most part and arrangement of the song in the first day. Sometimes it suddenly fits, if in the first few hours I work with a track I dont feel it, I tend to abandon that idea. This time it worked I guess haha.

Tech Student

You have to keep in mind, that you get more or less finished sounds. When I make a song from scratch, the part which consumes most of my time is the sound design, not the composing.
    And one more thing: semester break...

Seriously?

Seriously!

Pros do it all the time while traveling to gigs. It's synthesizing the right clap, kick drum or any other sound that takes the bulk of my production work.

With a sample pack, I think this contest is pretty cool. You still have to use proper music theory or you will never be able arrange anything and have it sound halfway decent.
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

do it all the time, sometimes if I take longer I start to hate it lol
    in the lab while you sleep making dreams that go bleep

soundcloud.com/mad-zach
    follow me @madzach1
    http://www.madzach.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Zach View Post
    do it all the time, sometimes if I take longer I start to hate it lol
    +1!

Tech Student

Got to admit this one is pretty sick. Good work!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast