Track markers in ONE mp3 without splitting? Possible?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Track markers in ONE mp3 without splitting? Possible?

Does anybody know if it’s possible to create one long mp3 (or some other file format) that allows the user to skip through to the next track or next portion of a mix? I’ve been recording mixes for a while now, but I was thinking it’d be cool for my fans if they could skip through sections of my mix (especially I it’s an hour long mix).

Essentially I want to be able to keep the whole mix as one file and have the track markers built-into it. I know it’s possible to split the mix up into various sections and then the ipod will play them in concession, but I’m looking to not have my listeners download a whole zip folder then have to have a playlist in iTunes so they can achieve this.

Am I crazy or does this exist?
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

After some more research I think this may be an answer.

Apple.com - Some CDs have tracks that play best without any breaks in between — audiobooks on CD and DJ mixes, for example. iTunes lets you combine tracks so they’re imported as one continuous track that suffers no disruption, even in shuffle mode.
    To do this with already existing MP3s (that you've spliced) look here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Join Together automates the process of joining the files of selected iTunes tracks together with QuickTime and exporting them as a single AAC Music or Audiobook file/track. Optionally, you can then create a "chapterized" audio file of the exported AAC file with pointers to the individually joined tracks.
    Definitely a bit more work, but also A LOT less work than making a cue sheet. I'll let you know if it works when I try it out tonight after work.

cheers,
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

this looks cool too. They call it audiobook maker, but you can use it with music too: http://audiobookmaker.sourceforge.net/

>

I don't think you can index MP3's

It only works with AAC and other formats.

>

Those ^ are all MAC applications. This is for Windows: http://lodensoftware.com/chapter-and-verse/

Definitely a good idea. I would need it to be MP3 or a well recognized format tho.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Definitely a good idea. I would need it to be MP3 or a well recognized format tho.
    Soundcloud says they accept AAC files. I wonder if you could upload an indexed AAC file to Soundloud ?

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Soundcloud says they accept AAC files. I wonder if you could upload an indexed AAC file to Soundloud ?

>
    Upping to SC isn't my worries. It would be if I wanted to make a mix cd and give them out to people. I don't the AAC is all that well recognized on cd players and the like.

Who knows tho.

AAC works with anything decent out there so I would not worry about any odd-ball old players. Use AAC.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast