Pre cuing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre cuing?

Tech Convert

Default Pre cuing?

hey guys!
    i was wondering is i can pre cue my tracks with traktor without using an external sound card. i use my laptop couple speaker and and ipad so no external sound card!
    is it possible to still pre cue with that kinda set up? its a pretty noobish question :P but i could manage to find an answer online so i hope i get one from u guys !
    thank you

If you have an Headphone out on your laptop, that's possible. Jut go to tha audio setup and select the monitor output (cue-ing) and you master (what the crowd hears).
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It would be possible if your laptop have two outputs. One line and second for headphones which most of laptops doesn't support.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    If you have an Headphone out on your laptop, that's possible. Jut go to tha audio setup and select the monitor output (cue-ing) and you master (what the crowd hears).
    ...No. that's false.

What you COULD do is get an 1/8 Stereo splitter adapter that will separate the left and right channels into mono. Then you can plug it into your headphone jack. You can send the left side of the stereo channel to your headphones and the other to the main.

but that sucks.... I dunno what your situation is, but for like $50 you can get a cheap sound card that will send two actual channels

Get a NI Audio 2.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Convert

Yeh I tried the audio splitter but it sucks, I have 2 options tbh to buy a cheap sounds card or get NI s2, I thought I get the sound card and save up more to get the s4!, but I duno

Most laptop soundcards are not too great. Getting a cheap one (theres a sub $20 one on teh forum here) won't be setting you back too much in audio quality.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by boarderbas View Post
    Most laptop soundcards are not too great. Getting a cheap one (theres a sub $20 one on teh forum here) won't be setting you back too much in audio quality.
    hmm thats a good advice!, i think ill just get the S2 then!

The S2? As in the NI Traktor controller? Seems a bit much if you just want a soundcard.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

buying an s2 or s4 just for the integrated sound card is a bit excessive. I stand by the NI Audio 2, it has the best sound quality and highest gain compared to other sound cards in its price range.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast