Denon Mc3000 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Denon Mc3000

Tech Guru

As an actual owner of an MC3000, what makar1 is saying is true.

Also, one hell of a necropost dillinger23.

Tech Mentor

For a $300 controller, it seems pretty good. I would go for it if it seems to fit your standards, there are always other options like the Behringer CMD Studio 4A or the Pioneer DDJ-WeGo or Traktor S2, maybe even the Vestax VCI-300.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    As an actual owner of an MC3000, what makar1 is saying is true.

Also, one hell of a necropost dillinger23.
    fair enough, but i was responding to (i thought) the previous poster saying it was 4 channels! I thought has 2 channels that control Traktor decks A & B, and optionally C & D. As others have mentioned (but in my defense many still seemed to miss this point after others had clearly stated it) and that you can't plug in additional sources and pass them through the 2 channels to cue and mix, you have to use the pots off to the side and cannot monitor these in headphones. However, I've just partly run the Traktor setup wizard and there is an option for 2 track decks AND TWO LIVE INPUTS!!!!

Does this mean that Denon/NI have found a way internally (maybe through firmware) to run the two external inputs into tracks C & D of Traktors internal mixer? So you COULD in theory connect CDJs or turntables?? That would be awesome! Sorry for the necromancy by the way..
    Last edited by dillinger23; 06-26-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Tech Convert

I would really like to know if the OP is true since I am also in the process of getting a MC3000

Tech Mentor

had it for a few months now, and couldnt be happier. Incredibly well made, true tank like build, and for house/funk/nu-disco mixing it is superb. For scratching I cannot say though. Jogs and all buttons brilliantly responsive and tactile, and because of the couple of extra buttons for video which Traktor doesn't use, I have mapped flux and a few other tweaks with no problem without doubling up too much.
    The only possible gripe is the short throw pitch faders, but I came up with a great solution for that made possible by Denons propriety pitch bend + and - buttons. I removed that functionality in the mapping and remapped them to increase or decrease % on the pitch faders. So for tracks requiring only a small increase/decrease in speed the short throw can still be very sensitive, but it can also be ramped up when a larger change in speed is needed without resorting to the sync button! Also doing it this way allows for more increments than simply having 3 or 4 resolution options as is normally the case when there is only one button mapped to toggle.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    had it for a few months now, and couldnt be happier. Incredibly well made, true tank like build, and for house/funk/nu-disco mixing it is superb. For scratching I cannot say though. Jogs and all buttons brilliantly responsive and tactile, and because of the couple of extra buttons for video which Traktor doesn't use, I have mapped flux and a few other tweaks with no problem without doubling up too much.
    The only possible gripe is the short throw pitch faders, but I came up with a great solution for that made possible by Denons propriety pitch bend + and - buttons. I removed that functionality in the mapping and remapped them to increase or decrease % on the pitch faders. So for tracks requiring only a small increase/decrease in speed the short throw can still be very sensitive, but it can also be ramped up when a larger change in speed is needed without resorting to the sync button! Also doing it this way allows for more increments than simply having 3 or 4 resolution options as is normally the case when there is only one button mapped to toggle.

Same here It's perfect, good and portable. Excelent controller.

For a $300 controller, it seems pretty good. I would go for it if it seems to fit your standards, there are always other options like the Behringer CMD Studio 4A or the Pioneer DDJ-WeGo or Traktor S2, maybe even the Vestax VCI-300"
    Man, i had the VCI-300 and the MC3000 is better... Traktor S2 I dont think is better too..

Now, the CMD and DDJ We-Go are too much far away from MC3000. MC3000 sooooo much better...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by foxdanger View Post
    Same here It's perfect, good and portable. Excelent controller.

Man, i had the VCI-300 and the MC3000 is better... Traktor S2 I dont think is better too..

Now, the CMD and DDJ We-Go are too much far away from MC3000. MC3000 sooooo much better...
    And the volume output for headphones, master and channel gain is off the hook! I red line channel level meters with gain between 11 and 12 0/c, less than midway. Another great thing is that even though it is not a standalone mixer, the master volume is independent of software. Changing master out volume on MC3000 does not change master in software. A very nice touch for a internal mix mode software controller!

Tech Guru

Do you mean the meters on the MC3000 are redlining? Since it is not a standalone mixer there are no physical channels, only a headphone and master output.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

???????????????????????????????????????????? You are aware that the MC3000 has LED level meters yes. Let me explain level meters to you Seņor Troll. As you increase the channel gain, more LED lights light up. If you go RILLY RILLY RILLY high, you light up the red ones at the top.

Tech Mentor

Basically I was making a simple comment praising the volume outputs of the unit, both the channels and the headphone output. I imagine this is because A, it is a mains powered unit, and B, Denon use good soundcards. But you seem to want to nitpick something whereas I can't be arsed to debate pointless minutae (look the word up if you need to) with trolls.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast