Denon Mc3000 - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Denon Mc3000

I would differ on reviews and whether there's an audible difference between good mixers. I'm really disappointed by the lack of attention sound quality is given in reviews - I'd love half a review to be purely on the colouring, like reviews of amplifiers or speakers. Sometimes (and I'm not commenting on your point makar1, just chewing the fat), DJ reviews just cite the resolution and frequency ("this is 48khz/24bit so is as good as it gets"). This is like evaluating a car by stating how high the speedometer goes. In my opinion sound quality is the invisible elephant in the room that no-one realizes affects them. And this isn't just for wierdo geeks with oxygen free silver interconnects (um..technicaltitch looks furtively), greats like Gilles Peterson and DJ Scruff travel with a lorry load of delicious kit because every little hint of quality you can squeeze out makes a difference to people's perception, even if when you ask them they'd claim to enjoy music from laptop speakers just as much.

PS Love your dnb mix makar1, we have similar taste. soundcloud.com/technicaltitch How long did Dub Phizix take to release Clock Ticks? That was cruel. And what about Ivy Lab this year?

Tech Convert

Default Denon is much better felling than NI S2

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    Yeah I was reading up on both controllers and it looks like you can do a lot more with Denon then the S2. Think I'm gonna go for the Denon and pay whatever it costs for traktor pro.
    I got the Denon MC3000 and it got a good and stong feeling. The controllers is nicely heavy, and professional. The S2 is mainly in plastic and look like a cheap toy, at least that the feeling I had playing with it ....

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrChill View Post
    I got the Denon MC3000 and it got a good and stong feeling. The controllers is nicely heavy, and professional. The S2 is mainly in plastic and look like a cheap toy, at least that the feeling I had playing with it ....
    An old controller now, but still a good one. Very limited in what you can do with remix decks if you want them, but as a basic two channel controller with good controls for effects its great. I did what I think is a fantastic tsi file that also incorporates slip mode and a few other functions into it. I remapped sync turning the syc button in normal mode to toggle slip mode on and off, but you can still sync a decks by pressing shift+sync. I also turned the + and - pitch shift buttons into buttons for increasing and decreasing ??% for the tempo faders. And a couple of other small tweaks. meant I could use almost all of the Traktor 2.6 functions with the Denon. No longer have mine but would be happy to send you the tsi file so you could have a play with it.

Tech Mentor

Now that I think of it I also assigned the unused video buttons to do various things such as load and stop in preview deck, start and stop record mix, and toggle between browser and deck views. Really good little tsi it was actually!

Tech Convert

Indeed, I see it s a good optimisation.
    I did couples few trick on my mapping as well, especially in the FX buttons. You could updated your file in the midimap section. I am sure it would interest many people, and I will give it a try :-)

Which controller to use now ? if I leave Denon, I will go to pioneer I guess ...

Tech Mentor

A tank. Gone back to controller free, have the XDJ-RX and use Rekordbox analysed usb stick. TBH i have more fun.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    A tank. Gone back to controller free, have the XDJ-RX and use Rekordbox analysed usb stick. TBH i have more fun.
    Waw that's a nice setup Congrats buddy ! Do you feel a difference with traktor and rekordbox in the use and feeling ?

Tech Mentor

TBH it is a LOT more fun to use in terms of tactile and visual feedback. It's also nice not to be looking over at a screen. It has waveforms, but I turn them off and go by ear which I think makes ME more involved in the music and therefore play a better set, but that is just me and I don't claim that is true of everyone. It can do most things Traktor can, and does everything I need, although Traktor does make looping much easier and you have to pay a bit more attention wth Pioneer gear doing it, but working a little bit harder is no bad thing. The only problem is its big and heavy, and I miss the Denon's size and weight for just rocking up at an informal house party if I travel anywhere further than a cab ride.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    TBH it is a LOT more fun to use in terms of tactile and visual feedback. It's also nice not to be looking over at a screen. It has waveforms, but I turn them off and go by ear which I think makes ME more involved in the music and therefore play a better set, but that is just me and I don't claim that is true of everyone. It can do most things Traktor can, and does everything I need, although Traktor does make looping much easier and you have to pay a bit more attention wth Pioneer gear doing it, but working a little bit harder is no bad thing. The only problem is its big and heavy, and I miss the Denon's size and weight for just rocking up at an informal house party if I travel anywhere further than a cab ride.
    I get your feelings. I am using traktor since 4 years and I know it pretty well. It s a nice and powerul app which allow to do many stuff.

I wanted to try the rekordbox since a lol time and after spending hours in forums, I finnaly mapped my denon MC3000 on the app (including knob and fader). I played with it couples time this week and I get lot of fun. The 2 waves side by side are pretty useful. For internal routing I feel the EQ is doing very nice. The autoloop work good and adjust itself to the kicks. The library and music management are much better looking and useful. And the fx are much better.

I will see in the long run, but it s a good feeling overall :-))

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast