Denon Mc3000 - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Denon Mc3000

Can somebody confirm to me that this lovely little controller can input 2x line level timecode signal and send it to appropriate DJ software for mixing in internal mixing mode (I guess aux volume knob must be set to full left to prevent timecode signal being output into master output?)
    How the frack was this not advertised/demoed in videos and such?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Can somebody confirm to me that this lovely little controller can input 2x line level timecode signal and send it to appropriate DJ software for mixing in internal mixing mode (I guess aux volume knob must be set to full left to prevent timecode signal being output into master output?)
    How the frack was this not advertised/demoed in videos and such?
    Very much doubt it. Not really what it's designed for. As I recall it only has one aux, so at best you could only have 2xmono signals, and even then the signal via aux is not great.

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    Very much doubt it. Not really what it's designed for. As I recall it only has one aux, so at best you could only have 2xmono signals, and even then the signal via aux is not great.

From Virtual DJ setup manual:
    LINE INPUTS 1 & 2: Connect your analogue media sources such as CD Players, MP3 Players etc. The Volume and Panning between these 2 Inputs are controlled from the top panel of the unit.
    Even though the Inputs are directly routed to the Master Ouput, those are also part of the USB Audio Interface so can be included in the Audio setup and used as Line Ins and recorded as well

Seems this unit is somewhere between a standard, internal mixing controller and a full standalone, DVS capable one (bigger brother, MC6000).
    Last edited by SlayForMoney; 09-26-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Tech Mentor

From Virtual DJ setup manual:

Seems this unit is somewhere between a standard, internal mixing controller and a full standalone, DVS capable one (bigger brother, MC6000).
    Owned one for two years for easy carrying to house parties in other cities/on holiday. It's coming back to me now (was a few years ago), you are right it DOES have two inputs, but cannot be selected in mixer, has to go through software, and the sound/volume quality is not brilliant as I recall. A couple of times I had line outputs and level outputs from either CDJs or someone else's controller going into the line inputs and then selected as deck C or D in Traktor and the line volume was much lower than native decks A & B, and level volume was extremely low with a noticeable drop in SQ. Have a go and try i'd be interested to hear how you get on, but I think there are probably far better options than this. Don't get me wrong, I adored my MC3000, and am still sad I sold it on to finance my Pioneer XDJ-RX, but it really is at it best when running as a Traktor software controller. We did have 2 x CDJs running off of it, but as I say the SQ & volume was noticeably different, and you'd be better off with a Scratch rated mixer I would have thought. It kind of seems redundant to use a controller with built in jog wheels, if you want to use timecode vinyl or CD decks really? Just get a Traktor certified mixer second hand!

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    We did have 2 x CDJs running off of it, but as I say the SQ & volume was noticeably different, and you'd be better off with a Scratch rated mixer I would have thought. It kind of seems redundant to use a controller with built in jog wheels, if you want to use timecode vinyl or CD decks really? Just get a Traktor certified mixer second hand!
    dillinger, thank you for the feedback.I had known a guy who also owned this unit but he never used aux inputs.

I'm doing a little investigating because another friend of mine (who's primarily a producer - currently only has studio equipment, a Audio Tehnica turntable and until now has depended on rented CDJ/DJM equipment for his own gigs - also doesn't own a car) asked me for advice and I have seen a second-hand MC3000 listed that would suit him.

Concerning the difference in aux inputs vs software decks - I'm not saying your observations are wrong but I have frequently seen such gain staging issues when switching between software and CDJs. Most users seem to be running their software main volume way high (ex. traktor decks auto gain at 0db and then the master also at 0db), it's no wonder there is a difference. And the degradation in SQ is somewhat expected at this price range (considering it's being converted from analog to digital and then back into analog).
    But all of that doesn't matter because the main purpose of those inputs would be timecode, if the software can pick up the signal it's all good (he'll probably use instant doubles to mix at home if he doesn't get a second turntable).

About being redundant to use a controller - no, not at all. At first, I meant to suggest to him a second-hand Z2 mixer. But then he's forced to carry not only the full size mixer to gigs but also his TT for deck control (remember, no car). Limited FX control also. Not a ideal solution. This one give him a mixing surface, deck control, FX control in a minimal, compact footprint (important for bars that often don't even have a dedicated DJ booth).

A full standalone controller like MC6000 or VMS4 capable of DVS would be a better option but none are available here locally or are in his price range. With this little unit all he has to get is apropriate DJ software and a decksaver to be able to put in a backpack along with his laptop. At home, he can use timecode and make the best of his turntable (which he now uses strictly for listening vinyl).

Tech Mentor

dillinger, thank you for the feedback.I had known a guy who also owned this unit but he never used aux inputs.

I'm doing a little investigating because another friend of mine (who's primarily a producer - currently only has studio equipment, a Audio Tehnica turntable and until now has depended on rented CDJ/DJM equipment for his own gigs - also doesn't own a car) asked me for advice and I have seen a second-hand MC3000 listed that would suit him.

Concerning the difference in aux inputs vs software decks - I'm not saying your observations are wrong but I have frequently seen such gain staging issues when switching between software and CDJs. Most users seem to be running their software main volume way high (ex. traktor decks auto gain at 0db and then the master also at 0db), it's no wonder there is a difference. And the degradation in SQ is somewhat expected at this price range (considering it's being converted from analog to digital and then back into analog).
    But all of that doesn't matter because the main purpose of those inputs would be timecode, if the software can pick up the signal it's all good (he'll probably use instant doubles to mix at home if he doesn't get a second turntable).

About being redundant to use a controller - no, not at all. At first, I meant to suggest to him a second-hand Z2 mixer. But then he's forced to carry not only the full size mixer to gigs but also his TT for deck control (remember, no car). Limited FX control also. Not a ideal solution. This one give him a mixing surface, deck control, FX control in a minimal, compact footprint (important for bars that often don't even have a dedicated DJ booth).

A full standalone controller like MC6000 or VMS4 capable of DVS would be a better option but none are available here locally or are in his price range. With this little unit all he has to get is apropriate DJ software and a decksaver to be able to put in a backpack along with his laptop. At home, he can use timecode and make the best of his turntable (which he now uses strictly for listening vinyl).
    if you can get it to do what you need it's a lovely unit. Built like a tank and puts up with loads of abuse. I really miss mine and am thinking of getting one again just for special occasions to throw in my backpack!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567