Which feature needs to be added to (your) DJ software - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Wuz, I think those might be issues with your system, cause I can do both of those on Windows Vista 64 and nothing breaks
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

total modular interface (you choose what you want to appear on screen)
    modular routing for fx
    devkit for fx

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    modular routing for fx
    I'd be happy with a pretty solid OSC/MIDI sync option, or something else, maybe Rewire.
    + to all this

and full, and I mean FULL, ID3v2.4 tagging capability
    Imagine i could read out which tracks are on the decks, and add some Special Cue Points, that tell when they are being hit by the playhead.
    This is already available if it were just implimented from ID3v2 standards. All MP3's could be bought with perfect beatgrids for any DJ or DAW program, event cues like chorus, intro's, and explicit language markers, and a whole slew of other information all embeded into the file itself. It's available, just not used.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Modularity is key !!!!!

Give users an easy to use powerful modular interface and they will create all the function of your program for you

Tech Mentor

Why can I no longer easily switch between snap and vinyl mouse modes?
    YES - we must have this. I realized how much I miss this when it's time to beatgrid tracks.

YES - this combined with bringing back the ability to see the first five or so characters of your cue point labels.

But I would say that the biggest feature I'd like to see in TPro is a dedicated sampler/loop player.
    FWIW, I asked NI about officially supporting some sort of virtual audio cable so that users can easily sample from Traktor into Maschine on the same machine. The response from NI was:

We definitely want to expand the interaction between Traktor and Maschine, including the sampling aspect. I can't be more specific at this point, but improvements are in our plan.
    (Link)

So something is on the horizon in regards to sampling and Traktor; I can't imagine that it would just be a Maschine <-> Traktor specific function (at least I hope not).

And I will add:

• Bring the metronome sound from Maschine over to Traktor. Much nicer and easier to hear. Throw in the ability to control the volume of the metronome too.

Personal thing for me would be shoutcast integration for live streaming from Traktor - I do a show a week, and currently use a full on Heath Robinson mess of custom cables / winamp & random plugins ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Teiresias View Post
    Personal thing for me would be shoutcast integration for live streaming from Traktor - I do a show a week, and currently use a full on Heath Robinson mess of custom cables / winamp & random plugins ...
    +1

I will gladly pay the extra 20 quid or so for the codec license if it means not having to bugger around to broadcast in mp3.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Modularity is key !!!!!

Give users an easy to use powerful modular interface and they will create all the function of your program for you
    I so agree... let's say we have like traktor with an unlimited numbers of decks.... like in any DAW when you can add an audio channel. Then we could also any fx as we like on any decks... that would be great!

Tech Mentor

Detachable Browser list

Quote Originally Posted by psylozen View Post
    Yeah, how the hell is it that an (at least chronologically) mature piece of audio software doesn't support the de facto standard for plugins?

m.
    many of the functions the thousands of vst out there are currently covered by a different software packages developed by NI. Your traktor pro effects, for example, exist in many other NI programs in more or less the same form. It's understandable they want top down control of what extras you use in traktor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast