Which feature needs to be added to (your) DJ software - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    + to all this

and full, and I mean FULL, ID3v2.4 tagging capability

This is already available if it were just implimented from ID3v2 standards. All MP3's could be bought with perfect beatgrids for any DJ or DAW program, event cues like chorus, intro's, and explicit language markers, and a whole slew of other information all embeded into the file itself. It's available, just not used.
    Hey man,
    i just digged this thread out again, cause for my current art installation project,
    it would be super cool to access those information in the id3 tag.

Now i googled for hours, and it looks like theres is not a single application out there which makes use of those new features ... not even a id3 editor that is able to read it, lets not talk about writing either

Ridiculous. But i gathered all the Information,
    and already wrote an app that can read the information.
    Heading to the writing part soon.

Thanks for the hint dude!

In traktor pro, i'd simply love it if you could use the echo on each channel like you can on the DJM-600 Pioneer Mixer. So have echo on and be able to flick the crossfader / channel in when in the mix.

I really miss that
    Last edited by MaxOne; 08-23-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: forgot to mention software
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Unless someone knows if you can do it already?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Full iTunes integration (not read and import only)
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djmaxone View Post
    In traktor pro, i'd simply love it if you could use the echo on each channel like you can on the DJM-600 Pioneer Mixer. So have echo on and be able to flick the crossfader / channel in when in the mix.

I really miss that
    +1

for deckadance it would be:

-a complete rehaul of the midi so everything could be mappable and you can use modifiers within the program. look to traktor for this image-line!

-the ability to modify, on-the-fly, the onscreen layout of the program, so you could for example make the playlist fullscreen when searching for tracks, and have the ability to select what parts of the program are showing. this would be esp. handy when using DD inside of another DAW as a vst. I would like for the user to be able to have different layout presets that could be selectable by midi. -once again traktor does some onscreen layout control.

-a lite version of DD to be run as VST, with only the bare minimum 2 decks, playlist, looping, no internal mixer, no fancy colors, no fx, just a lean mean DD version for use in other programs as a VST.

-and the BIGGEST ONE, that i have been asking for awhile, is a single deck control feature, like instant doubles or amputate mode, so you can control more than one virtual deck with a single jogwheel controller or turntable/cdj. again, everyone else has this.

For VDJ:

Beatgrids like traktor.

a realtime sampler. i.e scratching a routine and sendin it to the sampler where it keeps playing.

changing video record codecs without changing the registry.

sth to avoid clipping like Traktor.

once beatgrids are there, quantisized cue-jumps would be sweeet.

i´m sure my list will go on, but these are the points comin´right off my head cause they bug me so much.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by plusplus View Post
    Hey man,
    i just digged this thread out again, cause for my current art installation project,
    it would be super cool to access those information in the id3 tag.

Now i googled for hours, and it looks like theres is not a single application out there which makes use of those new features ... not even a id3 editor that is able to read it, lets not talk about writing either

Ridiculous. But i gathered all the Information,
    and already wrote an app that can read the information.
    Heading to the writing part soon.

Thanks for the hint dude!
    Let me know what you come up with cause the integration of the already available standards would be spectacular in so many ways. Anybody who has read the specs I'm sure has thought of an idea or two that would help their digital music experience.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by Teiresias View Post
    Personal thing for me would be shoutcast integration for live streaming from Traktor - I do a show a week, and currently use a full on Heath Robinson mess of custom cables / winamp & random plugins ...
    I agree 100% I'd love to see shoutcast integration then I'd be able to broadcast to DJ in fubar lounges which would be dope. I've tried to get some kind of a work out to work in order to broadcast to a shoutcast server with traktor, but to no real avail so far.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

real time video effects for live cam stream worth mixing with music videos.
    comparable to the Loooper, or Visikord.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123