Progressive House?! What is going on?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Progressive House?! What is going on?

I aways check beatport every week and have scan through the top new progressive tracks, however I feel progressive is turning into electro house which is fine just not what I'm after.

I often warm up for a trance DJ, so need to get the vibes ready.

Anyone got any good 'progressive tracks' that I can check out.

Xian

This lead me to leave that genre for what it was back in december 2010.

(Never looked back, to be honest)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Nowadays Electro and Progressive House go together, and the genre called "Progressive House" it's not anymore a melodic track with a progression, so today it's any house track with melody. BTW some true prog tracks that you may like come from Trance genius Arty, I personally love Trio and the remix on Ferry Corsten's Punk!!! Another track I like is Hans Zimmer - Time (Audible Bootleg) which is a prog-trance version of SHM - Greyhound!! I hope I've helped you!! btw sorry for my english xD

I Feel like 'leaving' however I know their are some very good tracks around just in the middle of all the electro stuff!

Welcome to electronic genres ever evolving shifts and rebrandings. Though I do feel like progressive house was turning into electro 6 years ago via the beatport charts. I kind of miss the darker, percussion laden progressive sounds easily attainable in the early 00's. i also wish tribal house was still a thing instead of getting lumped into tech house, but so it goes.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

There is still loads of awesome progressive music about. Progressive house is going very strong... just listen to Jaytech's podcast. and progressive trance is just as strong... listen to Andy Moor's podcast. That shit you hear on beatport is what they would call PROGNO! and its FUCKING SHIT!!! Keep digging though and you will find the good stuff!! Trust me.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

There is still tons of really good prog out there, just stop looking at the top 10 and do some diggin. Take 20 minutes, click on some random names and you'll find something.

check out the EQ label or the Balance CD series for some inspiration...

Cheers,

JayTech stuff looks good and I will look at EQ.

sebastiannz

who said good prog didn't exist anymore...hope this one gets dropped at the bedrock party on october 6th!

nick muir and john digweed - raise (Original mix) - fresh

http://www.beatport.com/track/raise-...al-mix/3786140

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast