Traktor & Ableton
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor & Ableton

HELLO!

I am planning on buying these two softwares soon, and I was wondering how their integration works. Can you hook up ableton as 1 deck, do you use the Ableton effects in Traktor, etc.

Another, much less important question came to my mind as well. What happens when you use the beatmasher and gator (?) effects at the same time?

Thanks!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by zeddee View Post
    HELLO!

I am planning on buying these two softwares soon, and I was wondering how their integration works. Can you hook up ableton as 1 deck, do you use the Ableton effects in Traktor, etc.
    First off - there is no integration, their is routing and a piss poor attempt at midi sync, so you'll be manually syncing a whole lot

There trial versions demo's available of both so i'd say test them out first.

Another, much less important question came to my mind as well. What happens when you use the beatmasher and gator (?) effects at the same time?
    1) it can sound cool
    2) it can sound shit

Any particular reason you WANT to integrate both or want to purchase both if you have no idea what they can do ?

Only way I know of is audio SW such as Saffire Mixcontrol where you could have a loop channel, route Ableton into the loop channels and pick it up from Ableton Live. Traktor is very problematic with SoundFlower, works and not works, I would not trust using SoundFlower with Traktor.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Only way I know of is audio SW such as Saffire Mixcontrol where you could have a loop channel, route Ableton into the loop channels and pick it up from Ableton Live. Traktor is very problematic with SoundFlower, works and not works, I would not trust using SoundFlower with Traktor.
    I've never had an issue with Sound flower routing individual decks into Ableton works like a charm I just don't see any real purpose behind routing Traktor into Ableton anymore TBH.

You can do plenty with either one or the other and by the sounds of it the OP knows little or nothing about either pieces of software anyhow.

I had a charming discussion with NI tech support about Traktor 2.5.1 MacOSX crash logs and Soundflower...
    ---

Sorry to hear it, I've had no issues for the past 3 or 4 years with it .. literally countless hours of it being perfectly stable with Traktor routed into Traktor and Vice Versa even since Traktor 3.

Some people have had issues with soundflower and use Jack instead - I found Jack to be the problematic one though.

Yes basically NI didn't want to fix a bug I pointed out in their Traktor implementation and Soundflower. Now I used a crazy setup with the 16-channel one and especially the aggregate device combination where it seems Traktor can't handle that case properly. Not to speak of the huge CPU load with aggregate devices but that's another story. Saffire loop channels are rock solid, though, but you need a Saffire audio interface.

Anyway, as you said we are not talking about something the OP didn't intent the discussion to go into. Just shows that it would be good if NI added Rewire support for Traktor for seamless integration with DAWs and other audio apps.
    ---