Traktor Studio 2.5.0 setu pwith CDJ400 and DJM700
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Studio 2.5.0 setu pwith CDJ400 and DJM700

HI, i am really not getting anywhere on the Native Instruments Forum and also youtube i dont know where else to go to so i have decided to try give some other external forums a go.
    I am not understanding how to setup Traktor 2.5 to my DJ setup which is DJM700 and CDJ400s i have installed the ASIO drivers on windows XP.
    I just dont understand how to setup the settings within TRAKTOR itself and its really annoying since NI has a video and its all flashy and it is supposed to be easy, such lies!
    When i enter my Traktor it tells me to check my routing output and its bloody irritating i have tried a few things but i dont get it.
    I get to play back tracks but i dont know what the correct setup is.
    I also get sound drop outs.
    I am not sure what to select for the Internal and External and the Audio setup itself (that tab) and the other tab which is routing (within there , there are 2 tabs External and Internal) I just cant understand why it is so bloody hard to do this.
    Can anybody help me here?

p.s. I have On board sound that i use on my PC. i have a dinosaur computer also which is AMD Athlon XP 2800+ if this is of any use to know ? maybe speed an latency ?
    Nevertheless i dont know how to set up the sound options as mentioned above.

I also use my DJ Equipment with my computer as a standard setup .... basically i connect my mixer master output to my Computers LINE-IN which obviously gets routed through my computers on board sound through speaker out.

Please note this as we may need to tweak this?
    I do have a spare 7.1 24 bit Creative Labs Sound Card and also a Creative Labs X-Fi (no idea if where to get drivers for it) and a much older Sound Blaster Live card.

Thanks
    Last edited by imre; 09-23-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Tech Guru

Traktor Studio?? Sound Blaster??.... You gotta do some google searches. Not being a dick, but even if I explained it to you, you wouldnt understand what I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Traktor Studio?? Sound Blaster??.... You gotta do some google searches. Not being a dick, but even if I explained it to you, you wouldnt understand what I'm saying
    Yeah you may want to do some research first as man child stated.

However sounds to me like you either

A. Need to purchase an external soundcard to use with your DJM 700.

B. Use the soundcard within your 400's. Not exactly sure how to do this but it should be in Traktor settings and you may have to run them in HID mode which will likely require a powered USB hub to be safe.
    Soundcloud @ http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-sved
    Twitter @ https://twitter.com/djsved
    DJM 900 Nexus
    Two Traktor X1s