Maschine Mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gotcha... duh, lol. Yeah, I've sparsely researched it and for what I am trying to accomplish, I really think this will create the "fill(s)" I'm looking for both the GAS and cleaner mixing at a cheaper price to boot.

Good luck with the troubles. I guess none of the midi stuff was fixed with the 1.8 release?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    Gotcha... duh, lol. Yeah, I've sparsely researched it and for what I am trying to accomplish, I really think this will create the "fill(s)" I'm looking for both the GAS and cleaner mixing at a cheaper price to boot.

Good luck with the troubles. I guess none of the midi stuff was fixed with the 1.8 release?
    Nope, only has midi dropouts in traktor, everything else is fine.

yeah I guess i'll just find a way to use it to finger drum in my sets
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Mentor

They deleted their post.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Tech Mentor

It's midi drop outs in everything midi. Not just traktor. Go read the NI thread.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    They deleted their post.
    oh ok, sorry. well it doesn't drop out when you use maschine through a deck in traktor does it?

Tech Mentor

Let me explain a 15 page thread to you - Maschine in standalone mode (using Maschine software) you can route that audio into a Traktor deck and be fine. That's not the issue. The issue arises when you don't use Maschine software, put Maschine into MIDI mode (shift + control) and make a mapping/use a mapping to control Traktor/Ableton/Logic/Anything that uses MIDI. You will still have MIDI out (use the pads, knobs, whatever) but MIDI in (LED feedback) will fail to work. Go look at the NI forum thread on it. It's a well known problem that doesn't have a fix.

ok sounds good. Thanks man

Tech Wizard

Default Midi stops working in ableton

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    It's midi drop outs in everything midi. Not just traktor. Go read the NI thread.
    /Maybe this is what i was experiencing. recently tried using my mikro to control a drum rack in ableton and it seemed to work ok at first. I was changing the ins/outs on a seperate track and then the midi stopped functioning. I though it was weird because when i open up a new fresh project with a rack it starts working again but as soon as i start getting into a new project it craps out. i've tried changing the "pick-up" setting and the other settings under midi preferances but cant get it to work. ableton shows that its getting a signal but nothing happens. Frustrated.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmullen68 View Post
    ...but cant get it to work. ableton shows that its getting a signal but nothing happens. Frustrated.
    Again - Bug Reports! We need your voice to make sure the heat is on NI. Go their site and file a report and get a ticket #.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12