Problem with Studio Monitors and Kontrol S4. NEED HELP PLEASE !!!
    Tech Convert

Default Problem with Studio Monitors and Kontrol S4. NEED HELP PLEASE !!!

So I have the kontrol S4 and I recently just bought a pair of Fostex PM.4n professional Studio Monitors. I want to connect my monitors to the back of the S4 directly using XLR cables and 1/4" adapters. So meaning the cables are plugged into the "1" and "2" 1/4" inputs. ( not the RCA's)

I just wanted to know what my settings should be under "Output Routing" in the Preferences setup so that I get the best sound and it works perfectly. Meaning, what should be my Output Master and Ouput Monitor and all those other settings tabs.

All drivers and updates for the software are up to date as well.

I also have headphones plugged into the mixer for pre-listening and monitoring (cue-ing).

So if anyone can help me with this problem then that would be greatly appreciated. I need a solution to this as I have a gig coming up in 3 days and I can't afford to mess up my setup. Thanks once again everyone for your help !

Basically all you need is to route output master to 1 and 2 and plug in the monitors.

Now, looking at the specs the Fostex inputs are unbalanced. Might cause problems in case you have lots of electrical force fields causing hum. One more reason why always best to purchase reference monitors that have balanced inputs.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Convert

Well Im just using the two monitors my laptop and the S4 in my room. Are you saying that I should buy a new pair of ones that are balanced ? Thanks for your help btw.

If you are serious about audio mixing/mastering, then it's good to get reference monitors that are good, balanced inputs are checkbox no 1 and a good way to eliminate crappy reference monitors from the good ones. Anyway, if this is just for pleasure DJ:ing and you don't mind some hum now and then, then it's fine.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik