New Setup, PLEASE HELP!!!
    Tech Mentor

Default New Setup, PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Everyone!!! After a couple weeks thinking on updating my setup, I think I have an possible idea of it, but some things are not 100% clear. Could you help me?

1. For Traktor Pro 2, which one is better: MIDI Fighter Classic or Novation Launchpad?
    2. Should I get a mixer? In case I should, I thought about the Behringer VMX200, what do you think about it? Which version is better, with or without USB?
    3. Is the Audio 2 DJ Soundcard from Native Instruments good enough for 2-Channel Mixing?
    4. Is it logical to buy a Novation Nocturn, even if I get a mixer or I use the Instant Gratification Mapping?

I really need to know this as soon as I can, so please I wait for some answers!! Thank you (and sorry for my english xD)!!!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1. For start get launchpad. You got four times more controls to map if using only one layer of controls. MF is better performance controller, for triggering hotcues, loops, effects and such. You can map all this to launchpad to start practicing and one day get MF to do all this like a boss.

2. I don't think of it but I do remember...

3. Exactly for that purpose.

4. Buy xone K2. You will have audio card build in and it is a mixer layout of controller so you just need to map it for faders, EQ's and transport controls etc... If you don't know how to map it there are a lot of simple and advanced mappings around the internet for download.

Tech Mentor

thank you!!! but I think I can't buy any Xone K2, I can spend just 300-400€, soo if I buy it my setup becomes expensive =(