Organize Music

Thread: Organize Music

Tech Wizard

Default Organize Music

What do you think the best way to organize your mp3's?

-Fizz
    Fizz Styles

Right now I have all my music organized by artist and the album, but I am thinking about sorting them down into genre to make it a little bit easier to put a library together to dj off of.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Good article on the front page on this

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/06/1...ur-music-files
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Banned

I have multiple sub folders set up in Traktor and it makes my life 100 times easier. I have it organized by genre, then from there where I think a track would fit right in the night. Be it early in the night, warming up for the headline DJ or full on peak time madness.

in Traktor, playlist for every month, comments about the track (genre, sub genre, stye, etc.. I don't use the Genre tab at all). Key Note written in the title of the track with Mixed in Key. Finally Track Lists organized by BPM (since I usually go from 122-123 up to 128 during my sets).
    In other words, see what's important for you and organize your music according to that.
    Music is communication, as any other form of creation.
    SoundCloud
    MBP 13", Traktor Pro, Presonus Firebox, Numark Stealth, Akai MPD-18, Behringer speakers.