Wait! Doesnt traktor slow tempo without pich!?
    Tech Wizard

Exclamation Wait! Doesnt traktor slow tempo without pich!?

Hi,

I used to have denon cdjs 6+ years ago. They had a great feature where you could slow down the record, and the pitch like a conventional record... but ALSO this amazing feature that would slow the tempo of the song, WITHOUT lowering the pitch... or raise the tempo without raising the pitch.

I'm SUPER new to my traktor s4 that I purchased last week but having trouble getting this feature to work... or even finding it... can you help?

Thanks!
    Fores

Turn on Keylock and move the pitch fader.

Tech Mentor

hey dewd, it is the 'keylock' function, the lil note at the bottom right of each deck. you can also toggle it with shift+play on the s4!

on top of this, you can manually adjust the pitch with the 'key' knob.

Tech Wizard

Awesome! Thanks chaps!

Here is a question though. When I have A playing and B is in SYNC mode - the beat match is done for me... but then when I want to slowly bring up or down the tempo of deck B when it is playing... it "Jumps" from wherever the slider was in sync mode to wherever it is as soon as I start moving it - it's quite jarring if the bpm are too different... any ideas on this?

Best,
    Fores

Tech Mentor

Set your tempo faders to "relative" mode instead of "absolute".
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P