piracy?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: piracy?

Banned

Default piracy?

*snip*
    Last edited by tekki; 09-26-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Yes, tekki removed this!

Banned

EDIT:

how nice of tekki to delete my original question, and leave the part that would seem to incriminate me without the context of that question.

I was asking if anyone knew of any places to discuss piracy as it relates to DJing, as it's not allowed here, so the mods have to edit/delete posts about it.
    Last edited by Saurus; 09-26-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Cracked software? Head in the sand? Try this once more and we'll see whose account will be buried under it.

It has been said too many times, talking about it on our forums can and will harm the image of DJTechTools. Discuss it on the forumboards/torrentboards on which you obtained the software. Don't ever bring it on our boards here!

I will explain this one last time:

DJTechTools is depending on our industry's developers. If we tolerate people talking cracked software of these same developers, do you think we'd ever be allowed to take a peek into their kitchen in future?

Also, if you can't bother to buy the software, which nowadays almost always comes with the hardware you use to DJ with, you need to question yourself if you really want to be a controller/TimeCode DJ or not!

Let this be a final warning to you, try this again and you will end up banned!

Thread closed.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

come on tekki...he needs to cracked software to play his torrented music...

I wish all my passions were free...booze, music, women, food...

Want high quality music? Beatport.

I feel sorry for people that torrent thousands on tracks and then have to deal with them. Quantity < Quality.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by elliot1106 View Post
    Want high quality music? Beatport.
    Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I feel sorry for people that torrent thousands on tracks and then have to deal with them. Quantity < Quality.
    Necessary disclaimer: While I personally buy everything I can find legitimately (and admittedly use torrents for the rare tracks I can't find for sale), I see a LOT of misconceptions around here regarding quality and quantity. It's just as easy to get FLAC/WAVs one track at a time torrenting them as it is buying 'em. It's not like all torrent files are folders of 1000's of 128K MP3s.

I was more so talking about the tracks themselves as opposed to bitrate...

Why would you want cracked anything? Don't you want the full thing?
    Examples:

Cracked mug vs. Whole mug
    Cracked windshield vs. not broken one
    Cracked vs. MAD

See what I mean?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Banned

Before I'm likely banned because Tekki personally doesn't like what I have to say, (I'm sure I'll be "disrespecting an admin", if he has to justify it to anyone) I just want at least someone to see this.
    Here's what was sent to me personally, and what I replied:

Quote Originally Posted by tekkki's message to me
    Saurus, this is going to be one last message about piracy:
    Don't discuss it!

It has been said too many times, talking about it on our forums can and will harm the image of DJTechTools. Discuss it on the forumboards/torrentboards on which you obtained the software. Don't ever bring it on our boards here!

I will explain this one last time:

DJTechTools is depending on our industry's developers. If we tolerate people talking cracked software of these same developers, do you think we'd ever be allowed to take a peek into their kitchen in future?

Also, if you can't bother to buy the software, which nowadays almost always comes with the hardware you use to DJ with, you need to question yourself if you really want to be a DJ or not!

Let this be a final warning to you, try this again and you will end up banned!

Hope I have made myself clear. I will not even bother to search for a rule which should state that it forbids it, it's just common sense.
    If you think that's having our head stuck in the sand, so be it.
    I think it's being too stuck up wanting to talk pirated software just to prove a point.

End of discussion.

Let me remind everyone, i was asking for A SEPARATE PLACE to discuss these things so people wouldn't do it here.

and my reply:

Absolutely. Keep pretending you're benevolent because you can click a button and not have to hear anyone disagree with you. Ignore the actual matter, and act as if your response is perfectly proportionate the situation. Perfectly understandable/

Also having to make wild assumptions about my motives, to assure yourself (and everyone you copied on this message) that you have the moral high ground is also clearly an admiral trait in an authority figure. Also, to further make condescending accusations about my situation based on these erroneous assumptions must make you feel like you're doing so much better for yourself. Bully for you.

I genuinely hope the few lines of code giving you the ability to threaten banning, and the thin social backing behind them makes you feel very secure in yourself. Zealousy is clearly what the world needs more of. Carry on.

Hopefully a couple people see this before it's deleted.

Later guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast