Xtreme Mapping 1.3 Features?
    Tech Wizard

Question Xtreme Mapping 1.3 Features?

Was thinking about purchasing Xtreme Mapping 1.3. My question is can I use both sample decks and track decks. for example deck D can be either be a track deck or a sample deck. Can I use both or am I stuck with just one? I Emailed Xtreme Mapping and never got a response.

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Decks in traktor are designed to work as track, sample or live input so answer is yes.

Preferences > Deck layout > Deck flavor

You don't need extreme mappings app to change this parameters in traktor.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do you want to map commands for a track deck and remix deck in the same mapping? That should work as long as the controls for each are on separate controllers or at least buttons. There may be some conflicts so be sure to stress test it well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

In one of previous versions I had Track deck/Sample deck switches for decks C and D and it was working without conflicts although I did have it all mapped in same generic device but with remix deck you might need to make different mappings because of sync, key and maybe some more commands that track deck is sharing.

Or you could use Modifier = Deck Flavor Selector.
    That way if it's a track deck button x does one thing, if it's a remix deck button x does something else.
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Do you want to map commands for a track deck and remix deck in the same mapping? That should work as long as the controls for each are on separate controllers or at least buttons. There may be some conflicts so be sure to stress test it well.
    I should have been more clear. I want to map all of Traktors features including my custom FX to the Akai APC40. I want to be able to switch back & forth from sample deck to track deck with a press of a button and use all the features of the sample deck and track deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj repete View Post
    I should have been more clear. I want to map all of Traktors features including my custom FX to the Akai APC40. I want to be able to switch back & forth from sample deck to track deck with a press of a button and use all the features of the sample deck and track deck.
    You need to map one toggling modifier (o-1) and select modifier conditions for track (0) and samples (1).

Add in Modifier 1
    Modifier conditions / M1=0
    Type of controller-button
    Interaction mode-direct
    Set to value-1

Add in Modifier 1
    Modifier conditions / M1=1
    Type of controller-button
    Interaction mode-direct
    Set to value-0

Add in deck common > Deck flavor selector
    -modifier condition > M1=0
    -type of controller > Button
    -interaction mode > Direct
    -set to value > Track Deck

Add in deck common > Deck flavor selector
    -modifier condition > M1=1
    -type of controller > Button
    -interaction mode > Direct
    -set to value > Remix Deck

Map it all to one button. With this settings you will have modifier that switches between values 0 and 1 on each press and because track mode and samples mode got different modifier conditions they will listen to the modifier and always switch with in time.