Richie Hawtin, Loco Dice, +more to launch NA college campus tour with... Ean Golden - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

after watching his recent boiler room set, I fully realized a lot of what the more knowledgeable members here have been echoing for ages. Two techs and a 92... and he KILLED it! No frill mixing, awesome tune selection, and impeccable timing. I'm a digital gear slut and I've never wanted an analogue setup more. I would of saved money LOL.

I think there are a lot of Techno fans here, they're just in the shadows. For me, I started with electro, but the more I got into DJ'ing, the more I wanted to find the real "tribal" beats; the more organic sounds that lend themselves to being mixed. Plus, IMO, nothing hits harder then a good techno/minimal track... ask Len Faki
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Everything my man above said is true.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    11 hours of wow; that's just between Sven Vath and Richie Hawtin. Its like the showcase of all the silly debates of the DJ community. The mastery (and style) of analogue, "boring" , A/B mixing and technologically driven, syncopated multi-deck mixing.

Now now.. Boring.. I can put aside.. lets just go with "non creative" :P Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox, and few of those others, are what made me go.. "wow, what im doing now is freakin lame" a few years ago and I never looked back! And hell I spin alot more progressive/electro multi deck than Techno... but a good tech set is very very nice

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234