How do i get Kontrol S4 scratch upgrade ?????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do i get Kontrol S4 scratch upgrade ?????

Hi im hoping you guys on here can help me solve my problem...ive been getting a kontrol s4 and using it with Traktor 2.5 but just aquired a pair of 1210's, how do i upgrade traktor to traktor scratch??
    According to many shops the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 Scratch Upgrade kit is now discontinued so how the hell can i get the upgrade, i already have the timecode vinyl my friend gave me??

Tech Mentor

I suppose the easiest way would be to buy it....

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...1303&page=2850

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no scratch anymore. 2.5 will support timecode will it not?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no scratch anymore. 2.5 will support timecode will it not?
    that is not correct. i use traktor scratch pro 2.5 but i currently do not utilize the timecode functionality (it's a long story...). in essence they are exactly the same software, the only difference is the scratch version allows for use of timecode, and costs extra to unlock.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    that is not correct. i use traktor scratch pro 2.5 but i currently do not utilize the timecode functionality (it's a long story...). in essence they are exactly the same software, the only difference is the scratch version allows for use of timecode, and costs extra to unlock.
    SO how the fek do you unlock it without paying $99 dollars for upgrade kit??

You don't.......

Squidot - my mistake, I confused the pro and the regular. Thanks for the correction.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by hoothoot81 View Post
    dripstep is right...you have to buy the upgrade kit. if you already have control vinyl you could probably shoot ni an email and explain your situation to see if they will cut you deal on the software upgrade only. it could happen but i kinda doubt it. or you can post in the buy and sell section to see if anyone will sell you the software upgrade sans vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Squidot - my mistake, I confused the pro and the regular. Thanks for the correction.
    no worries. i originally had an audio 8 i bought with tsp to rip my vinyl collection which i never really got around to. i tried to get away with getting an x1 and the included version of traktor 2.5 and see if i could just use my a8 and timecode or apply my old scratch serial but found out i couldn't do that. luckily they were doing an upgrade sale so i got the tsp 2.5 unlock for like $40.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

DJTT is not piracy friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    DJTT is not piracy friendly.
    Im not interested in using a pirate copy, why would i when i have a real copy of traktor!! just wanna know if theres another way of getting scratch without buying upgrade kit.

Tech Mentor

Im not interested in using a pirate copy, why would i when i have a real copy of traktor!! just wanna know if theres another way of getting scratch without buying upgrade kit.
    You have a copy of Traktor, not Traktor Scratch, which is a $120 software upgrade. You'll need to pay for it or pirate it - you can't have it both ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast